Bother in that London

Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Of course you can compare like for like, that’s what the 5 year average is for. If there had been a pandemic in the last five years then you may have a valid point as the previous pandemic would have artificially skewed the 5 year average.

The current comparisons show single handedly the effect of the pandemic.

I don't think you understand what I meant.

Do you know whenever there's a documentary on TV about Punk Rock and how bad things were leading up to it? I think today has been the rubbish piled up in Leicester Square moment

Not at all, are you saying there hasn't been a decrease in certain deaths in the 5 year average up to now?
I looked at the graph the other day, my thinking behind leaving it to the end of the year was that's how you normally calculate them.

If I'm spouting crap so be it but set a date in your diary and tell everyone when the times comes.

However, Conway added that across the whole of the UK since the pandemic began, figures show about 62,000 excess deaths from all causes - with around 48,000 put down to the coronavirus.

That leaves 14,000 as it says excess.
What I was trying to say to Alpineexile is that we cannot compare like for like as in the past 5 years we've not had a pandemic and those figures can decline massively over the next 6 months or so to the end of the year.

That's from the link you gave, the figures are complete bullshit.
I missed this as I was just ignoring you but I fancied joining in but what figures are bullshit? The COVID-19 figures? As I said that COVID-19 is the cause of some deaths directly or indirectly but nobody know just how many. The government numbers just say X amount of people have died after having tested for COVID-19, not due to COVID-19. There's a high percentage of those who have underlying conditions and COVID-19 prematurely ended their lives. There's also the ONS COVID-19 numbers which are higher than the government as they include it if COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate whether after being tested or suspected.

I don't get what your point about the 6 months is to be honest. Are you saying that in 6 months time the deaths will have been below the average so that the yearly total isn't that much higher than the yearly totals of prevous years? The experts still do look at weekly and monthly death rate and the past 20 weeks has seen a huge spike and over 60,000 excess deaths to what they'd predict. COVID-19 is also an indirect reason for 'saved' lives on the roads and accidents at work and possibly even something like murders so what is filling those 'saved' lives?

As I said the experts have shit they can look at and see what causes of death are up and down compared to the trend prior to COVID-19 and also the average of previous years but they can't do it just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know whenever there's a documentary on TV about Punk Rock and how bad things were leading up to it? I think today has been the rubbish piled up in Leicester Square moment

I'm a kick in the arse off 50 and cannot remember a black and white divide, yes there was racism and still is but this is way way deeper.
I suppose that's the advantage of growing up in North East England.
I missed this as I was just ignoring you but I fancied joining in but what figures are bullshit? The COVID-19 figures? As I said that COVID-19 is the cause of some deaths directly or indirectly but nobody know just how many. The government numbers just say X amount of people have died after having tested for COVID-19, not due to COVID-19. There's a high percentage of those who have underlying conditions and COVID-19 prematurely ended their lives. There's also the ONS COVID-19 numbers which are higher than the government as they include it if COVID-19 is mentioned on the death certificate whether after being tested or suspected.

I don't get what your point about the 6 months is to be honest. Are you saying that in 6 months time the deaths will have been below the average so that the yearly total isn't that much higher than the yearly totals of prevous years? The experts still do look at weekly and monthly death rate and the past 20 weeks has seen a huge spike and over 60,000 excess deaths to what they'd predict. COVID-19 is also an indirect reason for 'saved' lives on the roads and accidents at work and possibly even something like murders so what is filling those 'saved' lives?

As I said the experts have shit they can look at and see what causes of death are up and down compared to the trend prior to COVID-19 and also the average of previous years but they can't do it just yet.

Statistics are for a year, we don't just change how we record them due to a pandemic.
My point is to see where we are with deaths by type and if the 5 year average at the end of this year shows anomalies then the figures are up for question.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't even know why anyone is having a go to be honest, what is actually wrong with that?

Maybes you can enlighten me, I'm totally lost.

Last edited:
The majority of people are neither right or left.
Absolutely true, the idea of aligning with left and right due to affiliation with a set of “core values” is totally outdated. There is no left or right anymore. The main political party’s spend millions gauging public opinion and then invent “policy” to try and encompass as many potential votes as is possible, regardless of where it places them in the left/right scheme of things.

I hope that tit Yaxley-Lennon is proud of himself. He's stirred this up even more and now it seems two people have had their throats cut
I've seen one where the bloke gets his cap knocked off so squares up to the lad who did it and then someone comes up behind him and grabs him round the neck and spins him and the bloke end up on the floor. I hope this is areet to post seeing as you don't really see owt.

The other one may be fake news as you see here below as the bloke in the grey tracky has nowt in his hands. Even so, it just shows some people really aren't there to protest at all but rather scum just looking for trouble. You've got idiots like this who've frozen a frame and yes it does look like he has summit in his hand.

However I've seen the video also and looking closely I couldn't see owt in his hand even though it does look like a stabbing motion. On closer inspection I can now see the dark line is just the leg of a bloke in the distance and you can clearly see the bloke in the tracky has nowt in his hand. It was just a misplaced punch to the neck.

Logon or register to see this image

In case anyone still believes he was stabbed you see him walking away and climbing the wall here.

In a video in the 2nd part of this tweet it shows you loads of coppers around someone. Yet the man who is getting attention from the coppers has a blue sleeved top on with white front.

On a side note, I've got to post this again in case people missed it :lol:

The coppers are running across the bridge as back up to the other side as some other coppers are having problems with some BLM protestors. Watch the copper in the middle on the central reservation holding up his trousers then slowing down and then when he starts running again he trips over his feet and hits the deck! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've seen one where the bloke gets his cap knocked off so squares up to the lad who did it and then someone comes up behind him and grabs him round the neck and spins him and the bloke end up on the floor. I hope this is areet to post seeing as you don't really see owt.

The other one may be fake news as you see here below as the bloke in the grey tracky has nowt in his hands. Even so, it just shows some people really aren't there to protest at all but rather scum just looking for trouble. You've got idiots like this who've frozen a frame and yes it does look like he has summit in his hand.

However I've seen the video also and looking closely I couldn't see owt in his hand even though it does look like a stabbing motion. On closer inspection I can now see the dark line is just the leg of a bloke in the distance and you can clearly see the bloke in the tracky has nowt in his hand. It was just a misplaced punch to the neck.

In case anyone still believes he was stabbed you see him walking away and climbing the wall here.

In a video in the 2nd part of this tweet it shows you loads of coppers around someone. Yet the man who is getting attention from the coppers has a blue sleeved top on with white front.

Hopefully no-one has been then mate

Just rewound that online and yet again scum trying to get it to kick off with the police and pushing into them with fists flying.

I then saw this when they zoomed out to show more coppers running over the bridge as back up. Watch the copper in the middle on the central reservation :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes I saw that live, I had to rewind it to see why he fell and pissed myself laughing when I realised that he'd tripped up. Looked like his trousers were falling down as well when he was running. :lol:

Statistics are for a year, we don't just change how we record them due to a pandemic.
My point is to see where we are with deaths by type and if the 5 year average at the end of this year shows anomalies then the figures are up for question.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I don't even know why anyone is having a go to be honest, what is actually wrong with that?
:lol: because that's the first time you've explained semi coherently what you were on about. I think your argument is that by the end of the year the a stage will drop because there will be fewer deaths from other causes ?
That will probably be true because there are still the same number of people and most of the dead in the last few months have been elderly. It doesn't alter the fact that covid killed them prematurely. If someone with 2 days left to live gets hit by a bus on the way to hospital it's still the bus that killed them.

You're thinking like Cummings allegedly did, it's only a few pensioners

now it seems two people have had their throats cut
I saw the footage of the cap wearing oldish white guy surrounded by black youths that was absolutely nothing to do with yaxley Lennon or whatever his name is,that was just a pack of black youths out taking advantage of the current unrest,there was male and female surrounding him.

Back