Boro v Swansea

We had a good run earlier in the year when we only had 14 players to pick from. Young lads did so well but he dropped them when the experienced players returned. Downward spiral since. He hasn't got a clue.

We were terrible today. Really worried that we are going to drop without a fight. So poor.
Been there mate. It’s horrible. We kept thinking nah we’ll be fine etc then all of a sudden bang.
I think Hull are a lot worse than you. Still don’t think Barnsley or Luton will match you either

I don’t really know a lot about your side! Would you fancy your chances of coming back up if you came down?

I’d imagine if you have played a lot of youth graduates this season it would surely stand them in good stead for a promotion challenge?

Hayden Coulson and Djed Spence are both promising youngsters but if we go down I think they will be sold.

Djiksteel, Bola and Browne are all proven at that level, and I think Ashley Fletcher would score goals at that level.

We have a lot of players who will be out of contract this summer so think there will be a big turnaround of players.

Nobody cares yet always talked about on here. Looks like Sunderland have a couple of cup finals to look forward to next season
I still think you will beat Hull and stay up and Gibson is an owner who cares unlike our chancers who sell any prospect for next to nowt. You might have to rely on local players as finances will be tight. I will drop Charlie Wyke off asap.

Been there mate. It’s horrible. We kept thinking nah we’ll be fine etc then all of a sudden bang.
I think Hull are a lot worse than you. Still don’t think Barnsley or Luton will match you either

When Hull won at Sheffield Wednesday on New Year's Day, they went 8th in the Championship. Since then, they've played 12 in the league, drawn 2 and lost 10 and sold their best two players and are now bottom 3. There can't be too many clubs who've collapsed that badly.

Supporters have lost faith in, I never had any. Gibson wont sack him but really needs too.
Looks out of his depth during interviews, not his thought really though, football seems to be the only employment where someone can get the top job, without any experience......:neutral:

He gets plenty of stick these days....

I've not seen much in the national press, whenever he gets mentioned in the national press or on sky when boro have been on, I cant ever recall him getting any stick. I'll have a read of that now tho, cheers
I've not seen much in the national press, whenever he gets mentioned in the national press or on sky when boro have been on, I cant ever recall him getting any stick. I'll have a read of that now tho, cheers
Only 15 posts?! To be fair thats hardly stick, there still seems to be decent feeling towards him, and hes potentially on the verge of taking you into league 1.

Last edited:
I think people dont want to be critical of him because of what he has done for us over the last 34 yrs. That's certainly how I feel but he needs to act quickly.

When Hull won at Sheffield Wednesday on New Year's Day, they went 8th in the Championship. Since then, they've played 12 in the league, drawn 2 and lost 10 and sold their best two players and are now bottom 3. There can't be too many clubs who've collapsed that badly.
Tbf Jarrod Bowen was a class above if he gets a proper manager or plays for the Irons next season in the Champ his class will shine through

Only 15 posts?! To be fair thats hardly stick, there still seems to be decent feeling towards him, and hes potentially on the verge of taking you into league 1.

That's just one thread but he's come under a lot of criticism over the last few years, and the appointment of Woodgate was the tipping point for some supporters.

I'd say the majority of fans still back Gibson, I certainly do but his running of the club since we got promoted back to the Premier League has been abysmal.

I think people dont want to be critical of him because of what he has done for us over the last 34 yrs. That's certainly how I feel but he needs to act quickly.
Tbf its obviously an outsider view but always had time for him I live very close to Rockcliffe and my dad for years dealt with policing of your training ground so knew him reasonably well. Good bloke who simply isn't a billionaire so has to play sensible . Footballs wealth has moved on and left the good local lad done good behind. Sad but yeah probably doesn't have the wealth anymore

Back