Boris Johnson Denounced For Politicising London Bridge Attack

I agree with this. Just because one man is okay with short sentences with terrorists does not mean will all have to be.

Id imagine the majority of the country are with boris on this one. Longer sentences needed.
Was just about to post the same . I feel desperately sad for the family but these simplistic views will put us all in danger . Whether we like it or not , terrorism on the streets of London is a political issue and responsible Governments need to protect us . The tragic death of this man’s son unfortunately proves the fallacy of his own argument.

They all do it. Heard Shadow transport minister (forget his name) on five live yesterday. First sentence we should respect views of victims father, then literally immediately goes on to score political points talking about a committee he and Corbyn were on critical of cuts to probation.

It was quite disgusting behaviour by Bojo.

I'm surprised his advisers let him jump in like that. Disgracing the wishes of a victim is as low as it goes.

His advisors probably gave it the green light.

For all there might be a backlash, appeasing tough on crime and punishment is always a vote winner.

I agree with this. Just because one man is okay with short sentences with terrorists does not mean will all have to be.

Id imagine the majority of the country are with boris on this one. Longer sentences needed.

I’m not necessarily in favour of longer sentences, but I do wish that when considering people for early release they make absolutely sure that the person is unlikely to reoffend. Have to say that I’m with Boris on this.

Of course the Tory deadheads don't see any moral issue with exploiting deaths of citizens to make spurious points.

And of course they agree with Boris's straw man argument and ignore the bit where the terrorist in question was given an indefinite term under Labour, under laws introduced by Labour. The Tories repealed the law that was keeping him in jail and introduced the service cuts that put pressure on prison numbers. The Tories also introduced a shambolic privatisation of the probation and parole system that cost billions and is directly linked to a rise in crime and reoffending.

So obviously the message is vote Tory if you want less crime and safer streets

what really happened was that an interviewer on tv, blamed the government for releasing the offender, as it happened on their watch.

the interviewee stated the chronological order of events.

media now reports only the 2nd half of the story and turns it against bojo

what really happened was that an interviewer on tv, blamed the government for releasing the offender, as it happened on their watch.

the interviewee stated the chronological order of events.

media now reports only the 2nd half of the story and turns it against bojo

What actually happened was Johnson lied while trying to blame a Labour government for the terrorist's release

Boris Johnson blames Labour for early release of terror prisoners – video

Seems odd to characterise the publication of the facts to disprove a lie as some sort of victimisation of Boris Johnson. Especially as his little followers don't give a shit how many lies he tells

For anyone interested the relevant acts are:

1967 Criminal Justice Act (Labour)

1991 Criminal Justice Act (Conservative)

2003 Criminal Justice Act (Labour)

2013 Criminal Justice Act (Conservative)

Since 1967 when the Parole Board was established we have had 21 years of Labour government and 31 years of Conservative government.

To try and make an Election issue of this is exploitative, deceptive and quite frankly disgusting.

Last edited:
Of course the Tory deadheads don't see any moral issue with exploiting deaths of citizens to make spurious points.

And of course they agree with Boris's straw man argument and ignore the bit where the terrorist in question was given an indefinite term under Labour, under laws introduced by Labour. The Tories repealed the law that was keeping him in jail and introduced the service cuts that put pressure on prison numbers. The Tories also introduced a shambolic privatisation of the probation and parole system that cost billions and is directly linked to a rise in crime and reoffending.

So obviously the message is vote Tory if you want less crime and safer streets
By 2010 there were approximately 10,000 prisoners serving IPP sentences, over ten times more than intended when they were first brought in under the Criminal Justice Act in 2003.

In 2012, the sentence was abolished under the Coalition government thanks to a European Court ruling that claimed it violated human rights.

Back