Borat 2.

How much of it is actors and how much is real ? Surely that bloke in the hardware shop selling him gas to kill gypsies wouldn’t allow it to be shown if he wasn’t acting.
Most of it surely.

At least I hope the scene where he goes to the Synagogue in despair dressed as a Jew to 'wait for the next mass shooting' was shot with actors.

How much of it is actors and how much is real ? Surely that bloke in the hardware shop selling him gas to kill gypsies wouldn’t allow it to be shown if he wasn’t acting.
I reckon he was real, knew he was in a Borat film, but didn't know what Cohen was going to say. The babysitter was an actress.
Most of it surely.

At least I hope the scene where he goes to the Synagogue in despair dressed as a Jew to 'wait for the next mass shooting' was shot with actors.
The synagogue scenes wasn't using actors. The main woman in the scene is Judith Dim Evan's who really did survive the holocaust and recently died.

Last edited:
She is class. Her daughter is suing Amazon and wants the scene removed because her mother was told she was there to be interviewed about her experience of the holocaust. For her to react the way she did when Cohen walks in is even more remarkable.
Had no idea. To mislead her so badly about the premise of why she was there, to dredge up those kind of memories, only to have someone come in the room essentially dressed as how Jewish people were depicted in Nazi propaganda is vile.

I appreciate the point Cohen is trying to make but f***ing hell, there's ways and means of treating people.

Had no idea. To mislead her so badly about the premise of why she was there, to dredge up those kind of memories, only to have someone come in the room essentially dressed as how Jewish people were depicted in Nazi propaganda is vile.

I appreciate the point Cohen is trying to make but f***ing hell, there's ways and means of treating people.
I think Cohen knew of her and knew how she would react and so used the scene to show all the antisemites that even after everything she had lived through and then be confronted with him dressed like that for her to show the kindness she did puts those haters to shame. At the end of the credits her picture is shown in memory.

Last edited:
I think Cohen knew of her and knew how she would react and so used the scene to show all the antisemites that even after everything she had lived through and then be confronted with him dressed like that for her to show the kindness she did puts those haters to shame. At the end of the credits her picture is shown in memory.
Reflects exceptionally well on her and the strength of her character. I can understand the intention behind the whole scene. Still a little uneasy with the whole set up. Suppose making people uneasy will have been what he was going for there.

I reckon he was real, knew he was in a Borat film, but didn't know what Cohen was going to say. The babysitter was an actress.

The synagogue scenes wasn't using actors. The main woman in the scene is Judith Dim Evan's who really did survive the holocaust and recently died.
She’d have been in on it.

Even “raw” scenes in serious documentaries have been set up, filmed selectively, edited and given a context before viewers clap eyes on it.

No way they’d risk her getting upset then dropping dead of a heart attack for the sake of a cheap visual gag.

I thought it was pretty good for the most part.
Not as consistently funny as the original, few films are, but still contained moments of comic genius.
She’d have been in on it.

Even “raw” scenes in serious documentaries have been set up, filmed selectively, edited and given a context before viewers clap eyes on it.

No way they’d risk her getting upset then dropping dead of a heart attack for the sake of a cheap visual gag.

Apparently Cohen dropped character to explain what he was doing to her, something he rarely does.
Her family are apparently still suing him over the scene however!

Last edited:

Back