Boosters

scotch

Striker
Given how prevalent its becoming again and how long since the last round of boosters, surely the Government must be planning a new booster campaign given immunity will be waning in those that got the booster

Only in over 65's and vulnerable adults in the autumn, people have got a week left for the spring booster I think but that's over 75's and vulnerable adults

Whats the daily death rate these days?

Down to around 300/week at the moment from what I can see, and most of those are elderly. That said, the figures show it was lower than that at this time of year in 2020 and 2021 when we obviously had restrictions in place.

We got through last year without a large peak after January so things aren't bad at the moment however you look at it.

Down to around 300/week at the moment from what I can see, and most of those are elderly. That said, the figures show it was lower than that at this time of year in 2020 and 2021 when we obviously had restrictions in place.

We got through last year without a large peak after January so things aren't bad at the moment however you look at it.
Thanks for that.

Are these 300/pw people who died within 28 days of a positive covid test. Regardless of the background?

The numbers will stay high, as has been said the majority are elderley, and might have died the last two years of another virus if we hadn't had lockdowns. Australia and NZ are experiencing similar as in mostly the elderley who were protected for so long.

One issue with a roll out of jabs for all will be the availability of staff. They have just closed down the vaccination teams across the region, all of the contracts for staff ended at the end of last month. The staff who were doing the jobs have gone back to other work in the NHS and the general feeling is that they will stay there rather than take up jobs in a short term contract vaccination service. Things were different when the vaccination program started and staff were enthusiastic it now they are feed up.

My personal case - I got my third jab last October. I can’t get a fourth as, even though only two of the five parts of my lungs are clear of bronchiectasis, I keep myself fit and don’t fall sufficiently into the at risk category (although more lung damage isn’t good to contemplate).

Unlike a flu jab, which I get automatically due to my condition, I also can’t pay for a covid booster, (which I’d be quite happy to do and for others who need it more or people means tested to get it free).

It seems that every day we are being urged to get boosted but for many of us this is not on the table.

I’m assuming it’s all down to decisions on costs and resources but we will have to hope that things don’t become more severe as it could be a false economy.

My personal case - I got my third jab last October. I can’t get a fourth as, even though only two of the five parts of my lungs are clear of bronchiectasis, I keep myself fit and don’t fall sufficiently into the at risk category (although more lung damage isn’t good to contemplate).

Unlike a flu jab, which I get automatically due to my condition, I also can’t pay for a covid booster, (which I’d be quite happy to do and for others who need it more or people means tested to get it free).

It seems that every day we are being urged to get boosted but for many of us this is not on the table.

I’m assuming it’s all down to decisions on costs and resources but we will have to hope that things don’t become more severe as it could be a false economy.
I understand that the Autumn booster programme will cover all those individuals who would receive the free flu jab.

Back