Boosters

I finally got in. Says that there are no sooner appointments at my clinc. If I want to look for an appointment elsewhere I would have to cancel the booking with no guarantee that an earlier one can be found. So, for now, I'm leaving my booster appointment for 21 Dec though if an opportunity comes to have it sooner then I will. For my second shot I was approached directly and asked if I wanted an earlier one.
i will do the same, cheers.

was hoping to get it out the way, knowing my luck will get the jab 21st and feel shite over xmas lol

I’d rather they grow some balls and took measures to ensure all the shit for brains deniers to take a first jab than stick a third one I scarcely need in my arm.

I’d rather they grow some balls and took measures to ensure all the shit for brains deniers to take a first jab than stick a third one I scarcely need in my arm.
The fact that we have adults roaming round freely without a care in the world unvaccinated does my head in.

The fact that we have adults roaming round freely without a care in the world unvaccinated does my head in.

I tend to mostly mix with well educated people in science and technology so the amount of antivax sentiment I see offline is virtually nil but there is one miserable git in my local pub who is flatly refusing to be vaccinated. Says that he has no interest in going abroad and if his employer insists on him being vaccinated then he'll quit. Thinks the whole thing is a government conspiracy and the virus is no worse than a bad cold. Maybe purely coincidentally, he's the biggest Farage supporter I know.

Either there are a lot of countries in on this scam OR it’s legit that the unvaxxed are a major cause of concern & steps need to be taken to address this.

I tend to mostly mix with well educated people in science and technology so the amount of antivax sentiment I see offline is virtually nil but there is one miserable git in my local pub who is flatly refusing to be vaccinated. Says that he has no interest in going abroad and if his employer insists on him being vaccinated then he'll quit. Thinks the whole thing is a government conspiracy and the virus is no worse than a bad cold. Maybe purely coincidentally, he's the biggest Farage supporter I know.

I’m fortunate in that I don’t know any, nor have I come across any unless they are keeping it very well hidden, those types don’t really tend to though so I think I’m safe.

Javid has now said GPs can put their other workload on hold to deliver the boosters.

So cancer diagnosis etc. can wait whilst GPs deliver "boosters" to people who only had the second of their double-jab three months ago, most of whom do not need it and are not threatened by COVID, all to fight concerns that this vaccine might not work against this latest variant anyway

What’s the crack then with the boosters? Has the 3 months gap been implemented as still only able to book after the 6 months. Currently booked in for the 27th or 28th. Just wondering if I can rock up to a walk in effort and get jabbed.

still millions of unvaccinated adults in the UK alone... same applies (percentage wise) to a lot of other so called Western countries here in Europe.
However, it seems that the EU are preparing law that says you cannot travel within EU after February 2022 if you have not had your booster within past 9 months... booster!
So before you can even get your booster you will have to have had your first 2 jabs too.... so its going to be at least 6 months from now for any unvaccinated person to be ready to be able to book any flights or train journeys.... time will tell how this unfolds.

And yep, I realize the UK is not in the EU anymore, but if you wish to visit any EU country then its going to be their rules ;)

Javid has now said GPs can put their other workload on hold to deliver the boosters.

So cancer diagnosis etc. can wait whilst GPs deliver "boosters" to people who only had the second of their double-jab three months ago, most of whom do not need it and are not threatened by COVID, all to fight concerns that this vaccine might not work against this latest variant anyway
I don't really get why GPs are doing booster injections. You don't need a GP to give a straightforward injection like the vaccine. I've had to self-administer a few different injections in the past few years and there must be many others who could probably do it themselves. I think I saw something about an additional 10k of volunteers who will be doing the injections so why are GPs involved at all?

When you (or Javid) says 'on hold', what does that actually mean? Are they being given more scope to triage who they see? There might be a big difference between someone wanting an appointment because their ankle is making a funny clicking noise and someone with a lump in their breast.

I don't know the answers but I would hope their is some sort of sensible approach being taken.

I went to the Nightingale after work yesterday for my booster - really busy, long queues, and waiting time.

Not a complaint, it’s great they are so busy - just a heads up to be prepared to spend a while if you are going at peak times

I had mine yesterday morning - Pfizer - Grindon Lane primary care centre was very well organised and very busy

I've been up all night ill - nausea, headache, cold sweats and no appetite - it's worse than when I had the first jab

I'm feeling a little better today but I can't get rid of the stinking headache it's given me

nothing short of disgusting that
I had mine yesterday morning - Pfizer - Grindon Lane primary care centre was very well organised and very busy

I've been up all night ill - nausea, headache, cold sweats and no appetite - it's worse than when I had the first jab

I'm feeling a little better today but I can't get rid of the stinking headache it's given me

sound i think ill go right ahead and book my appointment

FOOOK THAT
Anyone been contacted yet about their booster jab, currently in Manchester their local news had people already getting it. heard nothing from Sunderland yet

every 3 days by TXT it seems

Last edited:
Urgent Sunderland NHS message:
**PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE YOUR GP PRACTICE TO ENQUIRE ABOUT BOOKING COVID BOOSTERS ** The Prime Minister's announcement regarding the urgent provision of COVID booster vaccines was news to us last night too! We do not know any details of additional capacity at this stage. If you are eligible for any covid vaccination please book online on Book or manage a coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination call 119 or wait for your text from your GP. Please share this message with your families and friends to help us prevent the influx of phone calls.

Back