Booster vaccination poll for the fully vaccinated.

Will you be having a booster if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 123 61.8%
  • No

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters
Can you please just go and Google “how do antibodies work” already?

Jesus wept.

This is ridiculously basic stuff that you learn in biology class at school when you’re about 11 years old. Therefore it should not require me to spend my Saturday evening explaining an extremely simple concept to a grown adult that even school age children know and understand.

Once you understand this very simple principle, it’s then an extremely simple joining the dots exercise as to why a booster isn’t necessary.

If that was the case why are the Government funding a booster program?

Or are you suggesting you know more that Government advised re COVID?

Yes will have the next booster. Had the initial two jabs of AZ followed by the booster which was Moderna. Not looking forward to feeling ropey like but probably far better than covid, which to my knowledge I've not had, neither has the wife, her mother, my dad or my sister. Or some/all of us have had it with absolutely zero symptoms.

Can you please just go and Google “how do antibodies work” already?

Jesus wept.

This is ridiculously basic stuff that you learn in biology class at school when you’re about 11 years old. Therefore it should not require me to spend my Saturday evening explaining an extremely simple concept to a grown adult that even school age children know and understand.

Once you understand this very simple principle, it’s then an extremely simple joining the dots exercise as to why a booster isn’t necessary.
:lol: If you think immunity is taught in detail to 11 year olds, or even A Level students, you are sadly mistaken.
Saying it's a very simple principle is nonsense.
Immunology is a vastly complex science and even one of the world leaders on vaccines, Stanley plotkin, says we simply don’t know why different vaccines offer immunity for differing time periods.

:lol: If you think immunity is taught in detail to 11 year olds, or even A Level students, you are sadly mistaken.
Saying it's a very simple principle is nonsense.
Immunology is a vastly complex science and even one of the world leaders on vaccines, Stanley plotkin, says we simply don’t know why different vaccines offer immunity for differing time periods.
Aye my daughter had full blown whooping cough as she wasn’t able to be vaccinated

She then had 2 shunt infections (she has hydrocephalus), pneumonia, shingles and meningococcal sepsis within 12 months after it.

She saw an immunologist who did about a million labs in her all normal, we eventually saw an Indian trained paediatrician who had seen this lots of times back home and reassured us it wouldn’t be a permanent issue. She is 26 now and rarely even gets a cold

Aye my daughter had full blown whooping cough as she wasn’t able to be vaccinated

She then had 2 shunt infections (she has hydrocephalus), pneumonia, shingles and meningococcal sepsis within 12 months after it.

She saw an immunologist who did about a million labs in her all normal, we eventually saw an Indian trained paediatrician who had seen this lots of times back home and reassured us it wouldn’t be a permanent issue. She is 26 now and rarely even gets a cold

Had covid and never felt well since. Then got cellulitis and now have shingles.

I've had 3 jabs and caught Covid in May this year. After reading recently about Omicron being potentially the last variant, I'm in two minds whether to get another booster as I'd like to think my bodies natural immune system has enough to respond if I caught it again. Naturally if a new variant comes along I'd consider another jab without a doubt but for the time being I'm on the fence.

I've had 3 jabs and caught Covid in May this year. After reading recently about Omicron being potentially the last variant, I'm in two minds whether to get another booster as I'd like to think my bodies natural immune system has enough to respond if I caught it again. Naturally if a new variant comes along I'd consider another jab without a doubt but for the time being I'm on the fence.
Unless mutation and natural selection have ceased to exist then there is never a last variant.

I’ve sat and read this paper twice over lunch. I’m not convinced by it.

It’s a journal article about the cardiovascular safety of vaccines, yet published in a low-impact journal about insulin resistance.

It is written by a single author, with case studies about a personal tragedy he has encountered, and it just so happens that the author is on the editorial board of the journal this article is published in.

It deals with happenstance, association and correlation, with some bizarre claims around vaccine effectiveness and safety.

Some of the evidence it relies on and some of the sources it mentions, are compromised.

It’s an odd paper to say the least, not just in its content but who wrote it, why, and where it is published.

I’ve sat and read this paper twice over lunch. I’m not convinced by it.

It’s a journal article about the cardiovascular safety of vaccines, yet published in a low-impact journal about insulin resistance.

It is written by a single author, with case studies about a personal tragedy he has encountered, and it just so happens that the author is on the editorial board of the journal this article is published in.

It deals with happenstance, association and correlation, with some bizarre claims around vaccine effectiveness and safety.

Some of the evidence it relies on and some of the sources it mentions, are compromised.

It’s an odd paper to say the least, not just in its content but who wrote it, why, and where it is published.
It lost any credibility for me when I saw that the author was a cardiologist publishing an article about vaccine efficiency/safety and further down his Twitter timeline there was Karol Sikora.

It lost any credibility for me when I saw that the author was a cardiologist publishing an article about vaccine efficiency/safety and further down his Twitter timeline there was Karol Sikora.

I think his heart is in the right place, but I’m not sure if his judgement is clouded by wanting to find answers for his father’s death.

He’s expertly qualified but his claims don’t seem to add up.

Back