Booking train tickets to travel through France

In advance online. Going on holiday to Northern France and we're fancying a trip to Paris while we're there. Has anyone on here done this and is it hassle free?

DIdn't know you'd been to France. Tell us more!

Well I once staying in Chartres (great Cathedral.. a better Notre Dame for me) and wanted to go Paris for th day. the cost of 4 train tickets was about £100 return so I drove into Paris instead thinking £20 parking maybe. anyway.. parked almost at the foot of that git big metal tower in a parking bay. went to pay in the metre and it was free. parking in Paris is free in august as all the traffic wardens have the time off. 12 hours for not a penny/franc/euro

Calais and yeah we're going in July

staying in Calais... actual Calais ?

Well I once staying in Chartres (great Cathedral.. a better Notre Dame for me) and wanted to go Paris for th day. the cost of 4 train tickets was about £100 return so I drove into Paris instead thinking £20 parking maybe. anyway.. parked almost at the foot of that git big metal tower in a parking bay. went to pay in the metre and it was free. parking in Paris is free in august as all the traffic wardens have the time off. 12 hours for not a penny/franc/euro

staying in Calais... actual Calais ?
Just outside La Bien Assise

loco2.com is very good for European train tickets. They are usually as cheap as buying directly from the train companies and sometimes slightly cheaper.

What's it like for driving then and is there places to leave your car just outside of Paris as I don't fancy tackling the centre of Paris

there is an option to park just north and then train the last 20 or so miles on a commuter train..

July and August is a doddle as parisians fuck off for the month. Just read that parking is no longer free in August... ah bugger

Back