Booking flights to NYC - passport query

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJP

Striker
My brother-in-law has just announced he's getting married in New York next year (as I did) and invited my wife and I to the wedding. He's looking to book the flights next month but my passport runs out in December. I need my passport for a trip to Italy in a few weeks so I'm not in a position to renew it now. Do you need to input your passport details at the time of booking flights to New York these days or will I just need my (new) passport number when I check in online next year and also when I submit my ESTA application?

I was in NYC about 18 months ago but I'm damned if I can remember if I had to input my passort number when I booked those flights.

My brother-in-law has just announced he's getting married in New York next year (as I did) and invited my wife and I to the wedding. He's looking to book the flights next month but my passport runs out in December. I need my passport for a trip to Italy in a few weeks so I'm not in a position to renew it now. Do you need to input your passport details at the time of booking flights to New York these days or will I just need my (new) passport number when I check in online next year and also when I submit my ESTA application?

I was in NYC about 18 months ago but I'm damned if I can remember if I had had to input my passort number when I booked those flights.

You don't need your passport number when booking so you'll be ok.

Reactions: DJP

I was in NYC about 18 months ago but I'm damned if I can remember if I had to input my passort number when I booked those flights.

If it was 18 months ago, you might need to check if your ESTA is still in date too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back