Booking Disney Land

We are bound by the kids holidays unfortunately.
We got fined £360, but we saved far more than that my going on the school holidays.

If you live in Sunderland, you can have up to 9.5 days in any rolling two terms without being fined.
Think I replied to myself with this:

I've had a quote for Floridays, 14 nights from Glasgow start of August 14 days in the parks. No universal tho, for 7800. I thought that was quite reasonable?
Is that staying on-site? Think it was £8000 for the five of us staying in a moderate resort with meals and drinks included. That was 3 years back though, and in June.

Last edited:
We got fined £360, but we saved far more than that my going on the school holidays.

If you live in Sunderland, you can have up to 9.5 days in any rolling two terms without being fined.

Is that staying on-site? Think it was £8000 for the five of us staying in a moderate resort with meals and drinks included. That was 3 years back though, and in June.
Don't think it is on site. It's nearby with a shuttle bus. No meals included.

Who did you book that with?

Don't think it is on site. It's nearby with a shuttle bus. No meals included.

Who did you book that with?

We booked it through Disney for the hotel etc and flight was through TUI from Newcastle.

From memory, flights were circa £2k and Disney package was circa £6k including food and tickets. I don't think they're doing the full dining plan etc, but if you can stay on site at a decent price then it's canny.

We booked it through Disney for the hotel etc and flight was through TUI from Newcastle.

From memory, flights were circa £2k and Disney package was circa £6k including food and tickets. I don't think they're doing the full dining plan etc, but if you can stay on site at a decent price then it's canny.
Sounds like you got a good deal. Seems the hotels off site aren't up to an awful lot to be honest.

If you are thinking about Paris, remember that the food is expensive.

I went about 15 years ago and thought that the bait was a bit pricey, but my mate went a couple of years ago and he said it's much worse.
You can't buy burgers and hotdogs, everything is restaurants and everyone pays full cover price.
There are a canny few quick service places in the parks in Paris, or at least there was 5 years ago.

In downtown Disney there's a five guys and a pasta place which are fairly reasonable, a McDonald's and a sit down burger place.
Sounds like you got a good deal. Seems the hotels off site aren't up to an awful lot to be honest.
Last time we did two weeks in a villa and two weeks on site. We enjoyed the villa a lot too, so that might be an option if the hotel options aren't great.

Last edited:
Floridays is a decent resort to be fair and close enough to decent cheapish bait places.
Onsite Disney don't do the dining deals anymore, you'd probably be looking at 12k for that during August anyway.

If you are set on going in August Florida's is decent.
We personally take the hit with school fines as it's so much cheaper and weather more bearable, also parks will be crazy busy in August

There are a canny few quick service places in the parks in Paris, or at least there was 5 years ago.

In downtown Disney there's a five guys and a pasta place which are fairly reasonable, a McDonald's and a sit down burger place.

Last time we did two weeks in a villa and two weeks on site. We enjoyed the villa a lot too, so that might be an option if the hotel options aren't great.
I'm speaking to a company that book it all for you at the minute. I didn't seem to be able to do it cheaper myself but maybe I was looking in the wrong places.
Floridays is a decent resort to be fair and close enough to decent cheapish bait places.
Onsite Disney don't do the dining deals anymore, you'd probably be looking at 12k for that during August anyway.

If you are set on going in August Florida's is decent.
We personally take the hit with school fines as it's so much cheaper and weather more bearable, also parks will be crazy busy in August
What time of year do you go?

I'm speaking to a company that book it all for you at the minute. I didn't seem to be able to do it cheaper myself but maybe I was looking in the wrong places.
It's probably just because everything has gone up because of COVID. Also I didn't go during school holidays.

Wouldn’t like to be walking round in the Orlando Summer with a mask on like
Try it inside a PLUTO outfit !

What time of year do you go?
The best time in Florida is usually March, April .No humidity ,good weather,not much rain. Snowbirds usually gone back April, to fill in taxes.

Last edited:
I’d say Disneyland Paris is more of a weekend break or a midweek. Not enough to do for more than a couple of days. I’ve only done it as day trip from Paris & therefore it was v cheap to do. It’s easy to access on the RER from central Paris and can cover most of both parks in one day to be honest.

The best time in Florida is usually March, April .No humidity ,good weather,not much rain. Snowbirds usually gone back April, to fill in taxes

I found November to have a good climate. Not as many storms as in the summer, but still warm.

I did like January a lot, but it could be a bit cool at times, especially in the morning. Could still go in the pool most days, but I imagine some years it'll be too cold.
I’d say Disneyland Paris is more of a weekend break or a midweek. Not enough to do for more than a couple of days. I’ve only done it as day trip from Paris & therefore it was v cheap to do. It’s easy to access on the RER from central Paris and can cover most of both parks in one day to be honest.
I've been for 4 days the last two days I've been. There was enough to just about fill the 4 days. It used to be dirt cheap, but seems to have shot up in price.

A few years ago we got the 5 of us for £600 full board on site, was under £1k including transport for us all.

Last edited:
I've been for 4 days the last two days I've been. There was enough to just about fill the 4 days. It used to be dirt cheap, but seems to have shot up in price.
A few years ago we got the 5 of us for £600 full board on site, was under £1k including transport for us all.
I priced up the Sequoia (sp?) lodge for 3 nights in March (I think it was) and that was £1300 for the 5 of us (2+3). Flights from Newcastle £800, then add transfers and food.

Its a lot of money for a 3 nighter really.

Back