Booked a girly lodge weekend today for September

Had this “debate/arguement” on another thread about who has lost out most.
Its not top trumps but, young people have lost out on so many rights of passage, sitting exams, flour and eggs and blazer graffit, getting results, 16th birthdays, 18th and 21st birthdays, graduations.
And even just a year of going out with their mates, making relationships and kopping off.
They can never ever get that back
You learn so much about being an adult at that age. Mainly about what exactly not to do. You're off the leash and experimenting with your limits. If I'd had to sit in the house with my Mam and Dad at 18 I'd have been like a caged tiger.

we booked week in Seahouses in August too, last 2 been cancelled so fingers crossed for both of us
Seahouses is lush. It’s just great we are chuffed to be booking things
You learn so much about being an adult at that age. Mainly about what exactly not to do. You're off the leash and experimenting with your limits. If I'd had to sit in the house with my Mam and Dad at 18 I'd have been like a caged tiger.
Exactly you do, some big mistakes too, but you need to make them to learn from them. I mean, I learnt not to go in pissed, pretend I was sober, use long words (id never usually use) to prove I was sober, turn the lights off and leave me Mam and Dad sitting in the dark 🤷‍♀️🤣

Last edited:
Had this “debate/arguement” on another thread about who has lost out most.
Its not top trumps but, young people have lost out on so many rights of passage, sitting exams, flour and eggs and blazer graffit, getting results, 16th birthdays, 18th and 21st birthdays, graduations.
And even just a year of going out with their mates, making relationships and kopping off.
They can never ever get that back
If you go down to the younger kids, no birthday parties of friends for a year, no school trips, pantos, sports days, cinema, soft play. No sleepovers at grandparents. Mine was 9 last week and it was a McDonald's in the car park down Grangetown. Now her and her friends are on the mobiles and tablets more than ever. Speaks me typing this glued to a phone🙃

Are girly lodges for , well girls only ?
No, boys can book them too 🤣🤣
If you go down to the younger kids, no birthday parties of friends for a year, no school trips, pantos, sports days, cinema, soft play. No sleepovers at grandparents. Mine was 9 last week and it was a McDonald's in the car park down Grangetown. Now her and her friends are on the mobiles and tablets more than ever. Speaks me typing this glued to a phone🙃
So true

we are going to woodland lake lodges in thirsk, been a few times, you can book direct on the website, I booked through landal green parks.

🤣🤣🤣
I went there about 3 years ago. Proper log cabins with hot tubs, I thought they were excellent. Amazing amount of stars in the night sky, a real eye opener. Enjoy J.

I went there about 3 years ago. Proper wood cabins with hot tubs, I thought they were excellent. Amazing amount of stars in the night sky, a real eye opener. Enjoy J.
Aye we’ve been a few times, love it, funnily enough two years ago today was the last time, just popped up in my memories.
Will be a bit bitter sweet, because one of the girls that was there last time, died in the August.
But we decided still to go back.
Thank you x

Aye we’ve been a few times, love it, funnily enough two years ago today was the last time, just popped up in my memories.
Will be a bit bitter sweet, because one of the girls that was there last time, died in the August.
But we decided still to go back.
Thank you x

Is there heating in the cabins? being an old fart I cant cope with cold anymore

Back