Book Cover - Need Opinions

I know of it, but the reasoning behind putting the horizon there is so it cuts through the title. I've no idea if that's a cardinal sin as I don't do photography and my graphic skills are all self-taught. :lol:
Keep the title tethered over the horizon. But move it up or down until the whole look feels resolved and balanced. There's mathematics (golden mean) etc but really the eye knows best. Don't have text too close to edge or it looks like it is falling off. Or deliberately gave it bleeding off. Ons or the other. Align top middle and bottom text at left and right invisible margins. Keep it tight.

Last edited:
Brighter Horizons consists of seven sci-fi and horror tales that will appeal to fans of Stephen King, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, and Black Mirror

Is this your book - I'm going to buy it if its you. Ya not a mag are you?

Just checking like
It is mine, and I'm not a Mag.

Just bought ya book - bargain.

If its crap I will be wanting my money back mind. I wont mind as I'm sure its going to be epic.
Review to follow in due course!!!!!

Went with the central moon in the end although it took me hours of agonising over it. Just felt the moon gave the cover a more 'sci-fi' feel. All up and running across Amazon and Goodreads now. Thanks for all the feedback.

Went with the central moon in the end although it took me hours of agonising over it. Just felt the moon gave the cover a more 'sci-fi' feel. All up and running across Amazon and Goodreads now. Thanks for all the feedback.

Good luck mate, I think the one you've gone with is the best of the suggestions on here. I was going to suggest a smaller, more distant moon in the top right so the stones looked like they were leading to it from the bottom left to top right.

Back