Book at bedtime. What are you reading?

Winter in Madrid, second time I've read it. Just finished another John Grisham, The Last Juror, another one the that starts to well and the ending is pap

Sovereign : the third Shardlake book by CJ Sansom, with the latest Bosch by Michael Connelly awaiting on my Kindle and a long, long list to follow.
Whats Shardlake about. Dominion and Winter in Madrid are both decent reads

Same here. His descriptions of Mick Buxton are really funny.
It's one of his normal where you have to get in to it early otherwise the number of characters he introduces makes it hard to follow, but as long as you do it's a v good storyline.

Have u read the Mercedes trilogy? Apparently that's being adapted to tv this year, that's an excellent read.

Whats Shardlake about. Dominion and Winter in Madrid are both decent reads

Shardlake is the main character in a series of (to date) 6 historical mystery novels by C. J. Sansom set in the reign of Henry VIII in the 16th century.

So far I’ve read ‘Dissolution’ and ‘Dark Fire’.

I’m reading ‘Sovereign’ now - which has added interest for me because it’s set at the time of the ‘Kings Progress’ to York and the streets and buildings in York that I walk and drive past fairly regularly are being walked and rode down by Shardlake and other characters.

‘Revelation’, ‘Heartstone’ and ‘Lamentation’ are the remaining books in the series that I’ll get around to eventually.

Sansom has said that he plans to write further Shardlake novels taking the (disabled - he has a hunchback) lawyer into the reign of Elizabeth 1st

I’ve not read Dominion or Winter in Madrid.

Back