Book at bedtime. What are you reading?

I'm currently working my way through the bosch series now. I'm loving them. Currently enjoying Trunk music. Unfortunately, i've read some of them out of sequence, so i know certain characters aren't around in later unread books.
I've enjoyed every one, but if i had to be negative, i'd wish Bosch had a bit of humour in him..

Connelly is geet clever. You need to read in sequence if you can. The bits where he references other characters from other books that he's written and weaves them into stories, can be either irritating or interesting, depending on your point of view but I always chuckle when he does things like make reference to a film starring Clint Eastwood that got the story of one of his characters wrong... and you then realise that you've seen the film... and it differed from the book. He even introduced a new character recently and reference Bosch in it. The new character knew about Bosch because of the TV series that was made about him... Which I've seen and is great. So Bosch might not have humour, but Connelly has.

(a mate of mine has even taken to google streetviewing all the Bosch locations. He even found the house that Bosch is supposed to live in. It's there!

Chapter 12 of Fu Manchu was him managing to escape from a country house garden, despite being surrounded and cornered by dogs.

He is a very slippery character

Giles Goat-Boy by John Barth (1966). A now largely forgotten sixties 800-page epic about a fella born half-boy half-goat, the offspring of a supercomputer and a beautiful woman (who he later shags, what with goats not really caring much about such things).

Gets a bit weird after that...

Giles Goat-Boy by John Barth (1966). A now largely forgotten sixties 800-page epic about a fella born half-boy half-goat, the offspring of a supercomputer and a beautiful woman (who he later shags, what with goats not really caring much about such things).

Gets a bit weird after that...
:eek:

Back