Bolton have postponed game v Doncaster over fears

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Genuine question mate...

What is the current situation with your club? Do you feel a takeover is close?
I was talking to a couple of Bolton fans on holiday. The problem is the hotel that is built into the ground. I'm sure @SpiritofBurnden can explain but I think the bloke who wants the club wants nothing to do with hotel. I think the hotel is also in administration but classed a completely different business.

I was talking to a couple of Bolton fans on holiday. The problem is the hotel that is built into the ground. I'm sure @SpiritofBurnden can explain but I think the bloke who wants the club wants nothing to do with hotel. I think the hotel is also in administration but classed a completely different business.
Other way around - Football Ventures want the hotel and the club as the hotel makes money, the club doesn’t.
It seems though they have been gasumped by another group for the hotel and now don’t seem too keen on just owning the football club.
This can happen as the hotel and the club are being sold separately.

I refer you to Shaun Harvey's comments on our previous owner.

Apparently we were lucky to have him.

Apparently the administrators called off the game against Doncaster without consulting either Doncaster or the EFL.

I'm not sure how that helps anyone.
I suspect that means they couldn’t justify paying the transport and match day costs. That’s an awful sign I’m afraid.

It wasn't a 'hopeless case' until the previous owner.

If Woolworths closes, you go and shop somewhere else, it's a shite example.

I’m talking about legal entities , being operated so badly they are unsustainable according to the laws of the land.

It could be another two totally opposite businesses but the point remains the same.

Unprofitable businesses running on debt only end up one way I’m afraid.

Take your Bolton blinkers off , look at the bigger picture, football is fucked.

There’s nothing to stop others trying now, I’m sure the administrator is willing to listen to any serious offer in fact he has a legal responsibility to do so

Not when there's a preferred bidder.
I suspect that means they couldn’t justify paying the transport and match day costs. That’s an awful sign I’m afraid.

It has nothing to do with that.

The reasons have already been explained.

Last edited:
It is different because Woolworths customers will just do their shopping elsewhere

Bolton is a football club and have passionate supporters who have supported them all their lives. They have no interest in moving on and supporting another club instead. It’s shit for them

I’m sure the people of Bolton would be far more upset about losing their football club that they were about losing Wollies!
Dunno like I was gutted when Woolies closed I will feel a little for the Bolton fans but if they do go under I'll be just meh towards it

Other way around - Football Ventures want the hotel and the club as the hotel makes money, the club doesn’t.
It seems though they have been gasumped by another group for the hotel and now don’t seem too keen on just owning the football club.
This can happen as the hotel and the club are being sold separately.

It's only happened because the previous owner, Ken Anderson, courted Bassini who then couldn't provide proof of funds.

Eddie Davies' family lost patience and put the club into administration.

Anderson reacted by putting the hotel into administration separately from the rest of the club.

We now have two different administrators independently trying to sell assets which should have been sold as a package.
I’m talking about legal entities , being operated so badly they are unsustainable according to the laws of the land.

It could be another two totally opposite businesses but the point remains the same.

Unprofitable businesses running on debt only end up one way I’m afraid.

Take your Bolton blinkers off , look at the bigger picture, football is fucked.

Every club carries an element of debt.

That debt should be serviceable though.

If it's not, then questions need to be asked about those running the clubs.

Last edited:
Lessons in good governance from a Pompey supporter.

You couldn't make it up.
You've got to learn from your mistakes otherwise what's the point? We paid the price dor poor ownership, did our time in the lower leagues, and we're now in the best position we've been for a decade. Things can turn around in time, but it shouldn't be at the expense of the other teams in the league.

How much sympathy do you reckon we would get? Aye it's shit for the fans who have spent hard earned cash and put hours in supporting them, but it's now becoming detrimental to the competition. The football league should be taking a long look at themselves too and asking why it's been allowed to happen.

Your right given our recent history, i doubt many would be feeling sorry for ourselves if we were in their situation, give certain things that have made the press.

... of over using the young players on their books!
They looked doomed too. :(
I sympathise with Bolton and Bury.

But given the inevitable fixture pile up, it’s unsustainable to have two sides who are in a position where they’re postponing fixtures which they may or may not ever fulfil. It’s detrimental to the competition. As much as I don’t want to see it happen, it surely can’t be long before one or both have to be pulled from the league.
How much sympathy do you reckon we would get? Aye it's shit for the fans who have spent hard earned cash and put hours in supporting them, but it's now becoming detrimental to the competition. The football league should be taking a long look at themselves too and asking why it's been allowed to happen.
Similar.

Really, I don’t think any fan of the game particularly wants to see any club going out of business, no matter how they might feel about any particular club. It’s not really in the interests of anyone.

Last edited:
It is different because Woolworths customers will just do their shopping elsewhere

Bolton is a football club and have passionate supporters who have supported them all their lives. They have no interest in moving on and supporting another club instead. It’s shit for them

I’m sure the people of Bolton would be far more upset about losing their football club that they were about losing Wollies!

Plenty of them on here tho.
;)

We were sustainable that season.

Were you though? You had a transfer embargo didn't you? Did you not lose money?
Your right given our recent history, i doubt many would be feeling sorry for ourselves if we were in their situation, give certain things that have made the press.

Very few would care. Many revelled in our relegations.

I came across a video on youtube only recently that had been edited to show our two defeats at Wembley. It was posted by a Peterborough fan!

Last edited:
Were you though? You had a transfer embargo didn't you? Did you not lose money?

Very few would care. Many revelled in our relegations.

I came across a video on youtube only recently that had been edited to show our two defeats at Wembley. It was posted by a Peterborough fan!

I agree, we seem hated by lots of fans not just the traditional clubs who hate us as a case in point, i think when what happened, got into the media a lot of people around the UK thought, right whatever comes next they deseve it for that one action, so when we did go down and then down again, people sort of see it as pay back for what happened with him..

I feel for the fans and have a little sympathy for the young players but it's not for Bolton to decide to postpone the game , shocking that they never even consulted either the EFL or Doncaster Rovers, can see another points deducation coming their way if the EFL have the balls to do it at the very least the 3 points should be awarded to DRFC

Why grant DRFC 3 pts, this is not a Sunday League with clubs and games that that can only be played at weekends and with no floodlights. Blackburn were deducted 3 pts but were still made to play the Boro game later in the season.

Back