Bolton have postponed game v Doncaster over fears

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
It's ridiculous man.
I do feel for the die hards of both clubs, only got good memories overall of both grounds. Not the fans fault dickheads with big egos have fkd things up.

No different from the likes of Woolworths going tits up , well established business that couldn’t carry on financially , the directors have a legal obligation to fold if they can’t trade / finance their way out of it .

If the Bolton takeover goes through, it's really going to hurt the relegation candidates who play them later in the year when they have a full team of pros, as opposed to the likes of Wycombe and Tranmere who got 3 points and good goal difference.

They should be relegated to League 2, and given the rest of the year to sort themselves out. The same with Bury.

No different from the likes of Woolworths going tits up , well established business that couldn’t carry on financially , the directors have a legal obligation to fold if they can’t trade / finance their way out of it .
Yeah I know that Buster lad, but the fans, suffer and they've done nowt wrong except not turn up in the numbers they possibly could.
Just a sad situation being incompetently dealt with (or not).
If the Bolton takeover goes through, it's really going to hurt the relegation candidates who play them later in the year when they have a full team of pros, as opposed to the likes of Wycombe and Tranmere who got 3 points and good goal difference.

They should be relegated to League 2, and given the rest of the year to sort themselves out. The same with Bury.

Relegated to Div 2 ?????
Haway man!

Posted a frowning little yellow fella on the Bury thread but it's mind blowing to think of a club with the history of Bolton going to the wall. The whole game is off balance with the mega greedy twats at the top creaming all the talent and of course dosh.

I've said this loads of times, as have many others but I would love to see the whole thing come crashing down, just no need for the levels of greed and total disdain the top clubs show towards those lower down.

Ignoring all the shit brexit will likely bring, where do the big boys expect to poach homegrown talent for quotas from when the rest of us go bust, greedy twats.

Big difference imo, Woolies was also fighting a growing battle against online retail which moved the power of shopping as the world knew it. It's the same clubs Bolton beat to win a cup once over creaming the goodness of the game.

Last edited:

Where are they going to get this full team of pros from?

As to relegating to league 2 are you really proposing a league of 26 clubs? ie 50 games per season

Yeah I know that Buster lad, but the fans, suffer and they've done nowt wrong except not turn up in the numbers they possibly could.
Just a sad situation being incompetently dealt with (or not).

Relegated to Div 2 ?????
Haway man!

Everyone needs to get away from the football emotions, it’s a basket case of a business from a financial pov, it’s clearly not going to get taken over in the near future, someone needs to grasp the nettle and close it down .

Where are they going to get this full team of pros from?

As to relegating to league 2 are you really proposing a league of 26 clubs? ie 50 games per season
I meant next year. Relegate them, let them sort themselves out for 2020.

Is there a chance they could get hit with a transfer ban until they can prove their house is in order? @Grumpy Old Man

Possible, but I don't think the EFL would do it, as they really don't have a senior squad at the moment. If they don't get something done in the next two weeks, they're effectively under a ban anyway (though they could sign free agents). I'd have thought any deals done would be strictly supervised by the EFL though.

But League 2 has a full complement of teams, and had already started. It's a shambles whatever happens. They should have been under the same conditions as Bury, and not allowed to start the season until they ad a proper squad sorted.
I meant next year. Relegate them, let them sort themselves out for 2020.

If you effectively put them into the freezer for the rest of this season, then without any income, they'd have no alternative but to go into liquidation.

Last edited:
Is that true? What an absolute shambles this is becoming. Making a total farce of the entire league
Doncaster Rovers chief executive Gavin Baldwin has spoken following Bolton Wanderers’ announcement that they have postponed Tuesday’s Sky Bet League One fixture.
He said: “Bolton Wanderers have postponed this game without the agreement of Rovers or the EFL, and we were surprised to learn of the news via Bolton’s social media.
“We have a lot of sympathy for Bolton’s plight, but we’ve prepared for this game as normal and fully expected it to go ahead. We will work with the EFL to understand this situation and keep supporters as informed as we can when we are able to say more.”

If you effectively put them into the freezer for the rest of this season, then without any income, they'd have no alternative but to go into liquidation.
True, however it's the only way they can carry on as a professional club without ruining the integrity of the league, in my opinion. Play fund raising friendlies with the youth team on free weekends, get a loan from the EFL to cover the basic maintenance of the team, get their proposed takeover through. Better than the alternatives, in my opinion.

It's not fair on our teams that they PLAY Ipswich before the end of the transfer window, and could have significantly strengthened if the takeover goes through. Equally, not fair on the other teams in the league that you play them twice before the January transfer window, when they could again strengthen significantly.

If the worst happens then their results will need to be expunged from the league or every single remaining fixture given as 3-0 to the opposition.

Are the guys supposedly trying to buy Bolton really serious. Seems to be taking an age to sort.
I realise probs alot to sift through but haway man.
I fear the worst for them.

Back