Bolton have postponed game v Doncaster over fears

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
I guess it depends what you mean by "them". I mean fuck yeah the absolute scumbags who've been running these clubs need kicking out the game & if possible chucked in jail but it's not the fans' fault that the club has been run as a complete basketcase & it could easily be us or any other team.
How much sympathy do you reckon we would get? Aye it's shit for the fans who have spent hard earned cash and put hours in supporting them, but it's now becoming detrimental to the competition. The football league should be taking a long look at themselves too and asking why it's been allowed to happen.

Im not sure i agree but can understand where you are coming from. From what i gather they are mostly 18/19 year olds. Half of tgem will probably fade out the game if they never had this chance, so its great for them to have it on their cv

Aye possibly - I don't know enough about the specifics in this case but it seems entirely plausible to me that the Bolton medical team have raised objections. They had five 17 year olds on the pitch on Saturday.
How much sympathy do you reckon we would get? Aye it's shit for the fans who have spent hard earned cash and put hours in supporting them, but it's now becoming detrimental to the competition. The football league should be taking a long look at themselves too and asking why it's been allowed to happen.

Absolutely loads of sympathy, same as Bolton and Bury fans have got, I'd guess.

Aye possibly - I don't know enough about the specifics in this case but it seems entirely plausible to me that the Bolton medical team have raised objections. They had five 17 year olds on the pitch on Saturday.
Ahh i didnt realise that, fair dos like, but if i was a 17 year old lad id be gutted. I can only think bolton will be hoping they wont get another deduction and that they actually dont give two shits about the 17 year old boys

Controversial I know, but I'm finding it hard to have any sympathy for them. They're simply not fit for purpose. It might only be the third division but, it's a professional league at the end of the day.

I just posted the same on another thread. They should just be removed from the division. I know it’s shit on their fans, but they are not fit to continue

Absolute bollocks. They've been taking the piss for years with their finances. Get them out of the league and put them somewhere in non league where they can properly sort themselves out and pay their way.

Could be come January though. If all was ok then and they signed players then I am sure there would be some questions asked.
It won’t be ok though will it, in fact the way it’s going if both survive it’s possible that they could be all but relegated at Christmas and who in their right mind would sign for either

It's getting a bit silly now like. I've got every sympathy with the supporters but this kind of thing barely happens in Sunday morning football. Needs to be sorted one way or another and quickly.

I just posted the same on another thread. They should just be removed from the division. I know it’s shit on their fans, but they are not fit to continue
I don't think they should have been allowed to start the season. Now that there's only 2 relegation spots it's effectively devalued the league. There's a chance teams could be safe with a good few games to go meaning clubs challenging for promotion face teams on the beach.

Problem is the real decision makers in efl are the clubs themselves and they won’t want to set a precedent

Is that right?
Making the league look really mickey mouse.
Would never have been allowed to happen in Sunderland Sunday Morning League 80s/90s - Jimmy Gregson, Geordie Botham and Kenny Pallister would have seen to that.

Controversial I know, but I'm finding it hard to have any sympathy for them. They're simply not fit for purpose. It might only be the third division but, it's a professional league at the end of the day.

Got sympathy for the staff and fans , but I tend to agree with you that the club can’t go on in the state it’s in and the league have to grasp the nettle sooner rather than later.

Both the club and the league are delaying the inevitable I’m afraid.

I don't think they should have been allowed to start the season. Now that there's only 2 relegation spots it's effectively devalued the league. There's a chance teams could be safe with a good few games to go meaning clubs challenging for promotion face teams on the beach.

It's ridiculous man.
I do feel for the die hards of both clubs, only got good memories overall of both grounds. Not the fans fault dickheads with big egos have fkd things up.
They made the decision without consulting Doncaster or the EFL - surely a points deduction.
Shades of Boro v Blackburn which ultimately relegated them

Last edited by a moderator:

Back