Boiler repair

pfoz88

Midfield
My mams ideal boiler has packed up late this afternoon, have checked it over and it looks like pcb is dead. As far as I know none of the local parts suppliers are open till Monday and I need to get this up and running ASAP . Does anyone of the heating experts on here know if anywhere I can get one, or know if anyone who has one?

My mams ideal boiler has packed up late this afternoon, have checked it over and it looks like pcb is dead. As far as I know none of the local parts suppliers are open till Monday and I need to get this up and running ASAP . Does anyone of the heating experts on here know if anywhere I can get one, or know if anyone who has one?
Why do you think the pcb is dead
Can you hear anything running fan pump etc

Why do you think the pcb is dead
Can you hear anything running fan pump etc
Nothing running and no display. 240ac going in and onto pcb, 240 onto transformer on pcb , 24v coming out, have checked all main solder joints and no sign of any burnt joints or damage.
Doesn't sound ideal to me if its packed in today and you can't get spares until Monday
The irony isn’t lost on me.

Last edited:
It could be the main thermistor if you’ve got power in and 24 coming out of the transformer you would really need to check the resistance on the thermistor against what the manufacturer says.

It could be the main thermistor if you’ve got power in and 24 coming out of the transformer you would really need to check the resistance on the thermistor against what the manufacturer says.
Would an open thermistor cause the boiler to not power on / no display?

HTS just over the Tyne tunnel does refurbished ones. Take the old one in to exchange

Back