Boiler (of the combi variety) help

dafunk2

Winger
After a bit of advice...recently moved into a new house and the combi-boiler is up in the loft. The bloke we bought off has a master power switch in the bedroom that turns the power to the loft (and hence the boiler) on and off - but I'm ideally looking to be able to control the boiler/temperature from downstairs etc. Any idea how much I'd be looking at to get something installed that will do the trick??

After a bit of advice...recently moved into a new house and the combi-boiler is up in the loft. The bloke we bought off has a master power switch in the bedroom that turns the power to the loft (and hence the boiler) on and off - but I'm ideally looking to be able to control the boiler/temperature from downstairs etc. Any idea how much I'd be looking at to get something installed that will do the trick??
The master switch won't turn the heating on and off. There's probably a timer built into the boiler. It's pretty straight forward to put a wireless programmer in.

Hive, Nest or something along those lines will do the job.

Just a DIY bloke so uncertain.

Is it definitely a combi and not a storage tank in the loft ?
Surely attaching a hive or summit similar depends on the compatibility to the current bioler.
I had an old ferroli which I dont believe could link up to any device, the new boiler is a baxi platinum which links up to a Honeywell device nee bother.

Back