Body Fat %

Surely what works for one person may not be the best way for another - if someone achieves the results they want it’s difficult to tell them it’s wrong. I’m open to a variety of opinions.

What would you advise in my position @supersesh @duff_man

Supersesh does this for a living, I just know bullshit when I read it.

Ultimately though, a calorie is a calorie no matter where it comes from, protein carb or fat. The calorific density is different for each though. You could in theory live on kebabs and still lose weight, as long as you don't consume more than you expend.

Ah, the “show ignored content” button has made the last exchange make more sense.

That duff fella is a bellend. Been on ignore for years...must be crying in his tea at being shown up there mind.

His last post is bollocks btw. HOW your body processes macros is important. So it does matter where the calories come from.

With what you’re looking to do, in the time you have to do it, low/no carb is really the only way.

It takes f***ing ages to build lean muscle. So quickest way to effect body fat % is fat loss.

Leave carb cycling/loading for the lads trying to build mass/muscle.

90% of fat loss occurs in the kitchen.......Sat on my arse with a busted ankle for 6 weeks and lost 28lbs as set my daily calorie limit at 1200 given I couldnt move off the sofa. Not saying exercise is not important but had weeks when run 60 miles and put weight on due to massive calorie intake.

90% of fat loss occurs in the kitchen.......Sat on my arse with a busted ankle for 6 weeks and lost 28lbs as set my daily calorie limit at 1200 given I couldnt move off the sofa. Not saying exercise is not important but had weeks when run 60 miles and put weight on due to massive calorie intake.

I’m going for an umbilical hernia op soon and my post op strategy is similar.

No worries.

Yes, it’s mainly in the diet. High protein and working out just ensures your weight loss is fat and not muscle.

Don’t miss carbs at all. I have 5 filling meals per day (protein and fats are filling) so never hungry and feel I’m in the best physical and mental shape in my life. Carbs make you fat and dopey and both sugar and alcohol are toxins.

No, 12% is my target and I’ve never been at that level before. I just don’t think single digit body fat is maintainable while having a nice life.

Supplements def make a MASSIVE difference for a natural lifter (ie not on steroids). It’s pricey but worth it. Along with the vitamin content of the green veg you will feel amazing after three weeks of taking them every day.

12% will give me four cheat meals and two nights with a glass of wine or two per week, while sticking with the diet the rest of the time.

Remember, as for as the diet is concerned, consistency and boring are good. Try for 12 week’s but even if you go four to six weeks with just one blowout/drinking session that’s

Some of it will still be muscle. You have to accept that.

Muscle % has been steady since October. Check the inbody I posted

If you are in a caloric deficit and losing body fat you will also be losing muscle tissue. You cannot maintain the same level of muscle mass if you aren’t taking in the energy to maintain it.

If you actually had a way of measuring it accurately you’d find you had lost muscle mass.

If you are in a caloric deficit and losing body fat you will also be losing muscle tissue. You cannot maintain the same level of muscle mass if you aren’t taking in the energy to maintain it.

If you actually had a way of measuring it accurately you’d find you had lost muscle mass.

I gained a kg of muscle and maintained in for seven months - i did an inbody every two weeks. Not sure what more you want tbh...

It is totally possible to add muscle while losing fat in a caloric deficit. Found this thread while researching something else. Was going to provide some studies I found which helped me to add muscle while losing fat, but cannot add links as I have just signed up to reply to this thread!

What sort of diet you using ? Could do with some tips, if that was me I’d put a stone on within 2 weeks

It is totally possible to add muscle while losing fat in a caloric deficit. Found this thread while researching something else. Was going to provide some studies I found which helped me to add muscle while losing fat, but cannot add links as I have just signed up to reply to this thread!
From a very quick google:

Build Muscle, Lose Fat | Scientists Close In On Holy Grail - Myprotein UK

Scientists have discovered that it’s possible to achieve both muscle gain and fat loss at the same time, and quickly, too.

The research, which was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition1, assigned 40 young men to two different diets.

The first group consumed a higher-protein, medium-carbohydrate, low-fat diet (35% protein, 50% carbohydrates, 15% fat), which translates to 2.4g of protein per kg of bodyweight per day.

The second group consumed a lower-protein, medium-carbohydrate, medium-fat diet (15% protein, 50% carbohydrates, 35% fat), which translates to 1.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight per day.
As well as gaining muscle mass, the higher-protein group also lost significantly more body fat than the lower-protein group. In fact, fat was the sole contributor to the participants’ weight loss.

Last edited:
I was eating around 135 grams of protein per day, and weighed 158lbs when I started, so was consuming around 1.7 grams per kilo. My fat intake made up around 40-50% of calories.

Regarding body fat percentage, you are best off using the mirror as all methods of testing this vary massively.

Ah, the “show ignored content” button has made the last exchange make more sense.

That duff fella is a bellend. Been on ignore for years...must be crying in his tea at being shown up there mind.

His last post is bollocks btw. HOW your body processes macros is important. So it does matter where the calories come from.

With what you’re looking to do, in the time you have to do it, low/no carb is really the only way.

It takes f***ing ages to build lean muscle. So quickest way to effect body fat % is fat loss.

Leave carb cycling/loading for the lads trying to build mass/muscle.

Crying into my tea as i have been shown up by your bullshit. Feel free to stick me back on ignore by all means.

Any tips?
Putting muscle on won't shift the fat. You need to do excercises that get you hot and sweaty/out of breath. Jogging is the obvious choice, but you don't even need to go that far. Just run up and down the stairs a few times until you're out of breath. Do that every day and the weight will fall off.

Obviously you need to combine this with not eating several bowls of icecream and 6 steak bakes for a snack.

Back