Body Composition scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveydavey

Striker
https://store-uk.getqardio.com/prod...fymqaGPdtMylBR7d3q7mNTZQIZTKRVmRoC_mkQAvD_BwE

I have heard the ones in the gym for body fat are non-accurate, and I assume these are likewise - but I am interested in tracking things like water & fat mass daily. Even if not entirely accurate, getting an idea for a trend would be useful and i'd have thought they were at least able to do that.

Does anyone have any recommendations, or is it a case of staying well away of them all?

You can buy a pair of calipers off eBay for about £3 and they're still the most accurate method of measuring body fat.

Hurts like :lol:

You can buy a pair of calipers off eBay for about £3 and they're still the most accurate method of measuring body fat.

Hurts like :lol:
at home possibly, but only if you know what you're doing and measure 7 places.

DEXA and submersion methods will always be more accurate

at home possibly, but only if you know what you're doing and measure 7 places.

DEXA and submersion methods will always be more accurate

There's some mad results even with DEXA.

I really don't see the point for normal people, said this plenty of times. It's an obsession with a number thats difficult to track. Most competitive bodybuilders don't even bother and they're obsessive fuckers.

The only time I've used it, and even then the staff thought similar, was with a professional football club playing at a high level.

Other than that, focus on feelings of wellness, gym PBs, visual changes in photographs and scale weight (there's issues with scale weight too, but it's useful for identifying trends with things like water retention, particularly with females).

eat 1000g of carbs, load glycogen stores out, and it will show higher body fat.

eat 5000mg sodium 4litres of water, will also show higher body fat.

they are not accurate, however over time they will gauge progress made. Just don't stress out over daily fluctuations.

eat 1000g of carbs, load glycogen stores out, and it will show higher body fat.

eat 5000mg sodium 4litres of water, will also show higher body fat.

they are not accurate, however over time they will gauge progress made. Just don't stress out over daily fluctuations.
According to the machine in the gym I'm down to 11.5% today - I am potentially looking at personal training as an avenue in the future but like you mentioned on another thread I think it's important to walk the walk first.

Accept the reading may not be accurate but there is a consistent trend downwards so I feel it should be a reasonable indicator.

Using a lot of your advice from FB I have to say , a great help - thank you !

Down to 10% according to the gym scales, has been a consistent downward trajectory so hopefully that bit is at least right - I can see it in myself too.

I want to get below 10% consistently , got that in my head since @supersesh mentioned it :) Given me a target to go after

Down to 10% according to the gym scales, has been a consistent downward trajectory so hopefully that bit is at least right - I can see it in myself too.

I want to get below 10% consistently , got that in my head since @supersesh mentioned it :) Given me a target to go after

sounds like you're making good progress davey.

keep in mind different body fat % come with different types of measurements, so whats a machine says copared to callipers could be totally off, or a body pod, dexa etc, they all vary.

What's important is that you're personally happy with you're physique, it's good to aim for a goal, but dont get fixated on a number and more so how you feel.

keep smashing it pal

Anyone ever used a bod pod?

From what I understand there's one at Newcastle Uni but don't know if they will let you use it for a charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back