Bobby Madley

Literally about to create this myself, just checked it hadn't already been made.

Disgusting really and highlights the danger of social media.
Rumours spread he was intimate with an animal that was utterly false and started probably by an angry fan and caused him no end of grief.

To be dismissed over that aswell is a joke. I feel for the bloke. I dont think he was a particularly good ref but no human being should be treated the way he was.

Last edited:
Whoever his mate of ten years is should be the only one to feel shame here. Grassing a mate up to an employer for something like that is despicable. If the recipient of the video found it offensive and crass he should have responded with a text telling him he was a dick for sending it and not to send anything like that again.

Really feel for him after reading that. It might not be a "nice" joke but it sounds fairly harmless and was only sent to one person. Most of us will have sent, said or received worse. The disproportionate nature of the response is baffling (assuming his story is correct). To lose your career, especially when it's your dream job, and tens/ hundreds of thousands of future earnings over a daft, ill judged private joke is a disgrace. Added to all the dog nonce stuff I'm just glad he's been strong enough to get through it. Really powerful piece imo

Good to see so many people showing broad shoulders. This bloke is an idiot for sending that message: he has admitted as much.
He also made the mistake of trusting another human being. I hope this very bad experience does not put him off repeating that particular risk.
A truly heartbreaking outcome for a stupid, stupid joke.

Never going to end any other way unfortunately. Football seems to be held out as some sort of higher moral guardian, as he alludes to with his comments about Johnson.

Back