Boats, anybody got one.

Whilst I like the idea of having one and spending lazy days cruising around the north east coast, in reality, I couldn’t be on with the maintenance to keep one operational.

Got a 20 ft bayliner day boat on Windermere...5 litre 220 hp...great for cruising on a nice day...powerful enough for towing boards and skis...haven't used it yet this year..due to have new starter motor on Monday... prob ably 2.5k so far this year before we have a day out...what with parking fee at lowood bay, insurance and now repair.......great weather last year and some great nights boarding with mates...

You mean weight limited I guess.
Do you suggest buying one in water and keeping it there all the time
I won’t be confident going to sea btw, I get seasick anyway

Yes and Yes, the one I’ve just got is out the water atm in a yard but it does have a tidal mooring. You can overcome the sickness

It was nearly new when I got it so it’s been no bother in the last 6 yrs or so . It’s only 15’ with a 25hp four stroke on the back pushes it along ok but not fast. Picked up a nearly new Honda 6hp aux last night from Tiverton which is very nice. It’s just nice being out
Nice little engines them hondas. I’m not too keen on the tank on the top like. I like the idea of unclipping the fuel pipe after use and running the fuel off, the same as the main outboard.

Nice little engines them hondas. I’m not too keen on the tank on the top like. I like the idea of unclipping the fuel pipe after use and running the fuel off, the same as the main outboard.
It’s got both internal and external tanks if you want. I’ve only got the internal one as it takes up less room

Easy sailor.

well your limited and always towing trailers etc.
But cheaper to store and more places to go?

Last edited:
It’s got both internal and external tanks if you want. I’ve only got the internal one as it takes up less room

But cheaper to store and more places to go?
Aye them tanks are a pain in the arse like. I’m helping my best mate atm sort his. He’s in seaham marina. He as just bought a new one of these and is using the internal for the same reason. He’s toying with the idea of a new Honda 60hp as well.

Ps.
That’s a nice boat you have there mate.

Aye them tanks are a pain in the arse like. I’m helping my best mate atm sort his. He’s in seaham marina. He as just bought a new one of these and is using the internal for the same reason. He’s toying with the idea of a new Honda 60hp as well.

Ps.
That’s a nice boat you have there mate.
I’ve run a line to a tank in the fore end for the main engine to try and keep the nose down a bit as there’s a bit too much weight on the arse end to be honest. In the nice weather we normally have one or 2 sitting on the nose running back and that works well. I’ve tried different tilt and trim but it still won’t get on the plane but it is only a 25hp main engine. I toyed with getting a 40hp but again it’s more weight so I went for the 25.

I often thought about it however it's too much cost.
I now work on a 500 hp 4 stroke on a Saturday doing trips .
It's a rib that was coated in fibreglass for further stability. Top speed is around 60 mph .
Licensed to carry 25 ppl.
I don't get paid much for doing it but it's a cracking 4 hours at sea.
Long term I may get my license

I’ve run a line to a tank in the fore end for the main engine to try and keep the nose down a bit as there’s a bit too much weight on the arse end to be honest. In the nice weather we normally have one or 2 sitting on the nose running back and that works well. I’ve tried different tilt and trim but it still won’t get on the plane but it is only a 25hp main engine. I toyed with getting a 40hp but again it’s more weight so I went for the 25.
I think most boat owners chase the perfect plane all the lives tbf. Good idea about moving the tank. I will pass that on to my mate as he is in the same boat pardon the pun. He as 75 evinrude on atm.
Boys and their toys :lol:

I often thought about it however it's too much cost.
I now work on a 500 hp 4 stroke on a Saturday doing trips .
It's a rib that was coated in fibreglass for further stability. Top speed is around 60 mph .
Licensed to carry 25 ppl.
I don't get paid much for doing it but it's a cracking 4 hours at sea.
Long term I may get my license

How the fuck are you allowed to carry 25 people without a licence.
That’s got to be illegal shirley.

Back