Boats, anybody got one.

Angmering

Central Defender
specifically the 24ft fibre glass type. Just acquired one and it needs a bit of work, it’s got a Perkins Diesel engine. Anyone ever done a nut n bolt job on one.

I have a Wilson Flyer. Use it for fishing and @Patch is git jealous

This is very true. I'd love my own boat but it will have to wait until retirement and even then it will probably be out of the question. FFS.

Got out for an hour this morning off Roker: dolphins, a seal and a RN warship off there. Managed half a dozen mackie (kept three good sized ones) and a herring which I never even thought about keeping.

specifically the 24ft fibre glass type. Just acquired one and it needs a bit of work, it’s got a Perkins Diesel engine. Anyone ever done a nut n bolt job on one.
what engine little four cylinder?could be a 4-108 was poplar for marine conversion, same engine they put in the first Transit diesel.Easy engine to work on.

I have a Wilson Flyer. Use it for fishing and @Patch is git jealous

Cornish nice named boat btw anyway been given a 24ft seafarer and it is sound but needs a new marine ply floor, it’s been antifouled but I want to rip the Perkins out and do a full restoration seens I want to shoot out to the Nab which is a dozen miles out or so. How did yours come Cornish

Always wanted a boat, nice size to tow about with a small cabin
Any recommendations what to look for about £5k tops
Mainly canals rivers lochs lakes etc

Mate your limited to lochs and lakes, get out of this idea, think about it and the logistics.

what engine little four cylinder?could be a 4-108 was poplar for marine conversion, same engine they put in the first Transit diesel.Easy engine to work on.

Mate I haven’t looked at the Perkins plate yet, I imagine it’s a four cylinder

Last edited:
This is very true. I'd love my own boat but it will have to wait until retirement and even then it will probably be out of the question. FFS.

Got out for an hour this morning off Roker: dolphins, a seal and a RN warship off there. Managed half a dozen mackie (kept three good sized ones) and a herring which I never even thought about keeping.
Was out during the week with the dolphins alongside. Plenty mackerel but lost a decent codling.

You’ve got the passion patch I can tell, it will come your way for sure;)

me and @Wilfy saw the seal this morning about half 9 it was about 5 yards offshore opp the fat buddha

Yes.

my brother used to have a boat, we stripped it down to the shell and built it back up, replacing everything that needed it,took f***ing years.

Nothing but money pits

Cornish nice named boat btw anyway been given a 24ft seafarer and it is sound but needs a new marine ply floor, it’s been antifouled but I want to rip the Perkins out and do a full restoration seens I want to shoot out to the Nab which is a dozen miles out or so. How did yours come Cornish

Mate your limited to lochs and lakes, get out of this idea, think about it and the logistics.

Mate I haven’t looked at the Perkins plate yet, I imagine it’s a four cylinder
It was nearly new when I got it so it’s been no bother in the last 6 yrs or so . It’s only 15’ with a 25hp four stroke on the back pushes it along ok but not fast. Picked up a nearly new Honda 6hp aux last night from Tiverton which is very nice. It’s just nice being out

Back