Boat Story BBC1

joebolton

Winger
Right load of shite. Managed 30 minutes last night and had to turn it off. Felt like they were just trying to be Guy Ritchie or Tarantino. Shame as there was some good actors in it. ( French gadgey detective with a limp)
Did anyone rate it?

Down our end ( Redcar) everyone was looking forward to it with the local scenes of our famous sea side but dear me, seen better storylines at school plays.

Right load of shite. Managed 30 minutes last night and had to turn it off. Felt like they were just trying to be Guy Ritchie or Tarantino. Shame as there was some good actors in it. ( French gadgey detective with a limp)
Did anyone rate it?

Down our end ( Redcar) everyone was looking forward to it with the local scenes of our famous sea side but dear me, seen better storylines at school plays.
All my mates been slagging it off on our WhatsApp group, won't be bothering with it

Thought it was ok myself.

The initial concept of them on the beach was a bit far fetched, and bordered on farce at times. The shoot up in the cop station was a bit unexpected as they’d just introduced the potential romance which was then literally blown out.

Baptiste actor playing the tailor is ace and obviously a key focal point moving forwards.

Taped it 😃… thanks for the heads up
The bbc crime dramas on a Sunday night are normally decent compared to most tele nowadays

First I've heard of it but I've had a look on IMDB and it looks canny. Will give the first episode a go.
I think it's better than the OP suggests but not wonderful. Certainly better than the cliched Irish drama, Kin, which started on BBC1 on Saturday.
I enjoyed both series of Kin. Not a patch on Love/Hate like.

Last edited:
Did anyone rate it?

I was looking forward to it
It felt like a kids tv crime drama with swearing and gratuitous violence for effect
Was cutting someone’s tongue necessary after just watching antiques roadshow

Watched the first two. It’s ok so far. Voiceovers have always been considered the cheap way of telling a story in the TV-fillum world. Apart from Double Indemnity I can’t think of a film that’s enhanced by them.

Did anyone rate it?

Thought the same at first, but the more I watched it , enjoyed it more , know what you mean, but will stick with it ......

I watched the first episode and thought it was very poor.

I'm all for suspending belief but the police station incident would likely result in pretty much some kind of lockdown..

Back