BMW 1 series 118i turbo failure.

What dya reckon that would cost at a main dealer?
The turbo parts will probably over a grand or so and labour on top, you'll probably be lucky to come in at much less than two grand. If you're mechanically competent you may be able to replace the cartridge( assuming they're the same as other turbos) yourself, they will be a lot cheaper but it's more work and may not be original parts available to do it. Alternatively a recon turbo unit from somewhere like" Fast turbo" will be much cheaper and probably similar/ equal quality.

The turbo parts will probably over a grand or so and labour on top, you'll probably be lucky to come in at much less than two grand. If you're mechanically competent you may be able to replace the cartridge( assuming they're the same as other turbos) yourself, they will be a lot cheaper but it's more work and may not be original parts available to do it. Alternatively a recon turbo unit from somewhere like" Fast turbo" will be much cheaper and probably similar/ equal quality.
Ignore this- good that you're covered!

I managed to fuck a turbo on a 120d, overfilled the oil and got 'diesel runaway'. I was very very lucky that a combination of the engine stop switch and me stalling it managed to kill the engine before it blew up. I'd heard of diesel runaway before but it was sheer luck I managed to stop it.

Anyway, new turbo and stripping/cleaning of intercooler and manifold cost me a grand, got shut after that but I miss the car, it was remapped and a wolf in sheep's clothing, great cars.

Back