Blyth Gigaplant

Isn’t the issue that the government have so far put in zip, despite constantly repeating their backing, and other investors are getting tetchy as a result?

Let's hope it's not true.

Brexit has seen uk car manufacturering fall off a cliff .
This news would be a dagger to the heart

Didn't they attempt to build cars over there quite recently and it was such an abject failure they had to send over people from here so cover the mess?

Blyth is a bigger shithole now than it was 15 years ago.

I think the interest rate rise will force them to slow down as less people will be able to afford the mortgage (and energy bills) on one and I can't seeing them lowering the prices.
Another couple of rate rises and the market won’t bear large new build prices. It’s surprising how people can fit in such a small house when reality bites.

Another couple of rate rises and the market won’t bear large new build prices. It’s surprising how people can fit in such a small house when reality bites.
Hell of a lot going up on the outskirts of Sunderland that I was already wondering how people were affording them before the rate rises.

"Our capital works phased development programme has been designed flexibly to enable us to reschedule activity to critically evaluate core design and build elements, optimising the build schedule to improve efficiency and optimise synergies across our phases, as well as to understand and mitigate the consequences of rising material prices to ensure our new facility is geared up to become the global leader in battery manufacturing excellence.”

Sounds like not so much Full Steam Ahead....

More like - spend a couple of more years evaluating the forward track and seeing how the market develops .

Question marks

Back