Blurb - Publishing your own book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever wanted to do this?

You can publish a book of upto 160 pages on premium lustre paper for £25.

My son just had one published and the quality is good with a hardback and dustcover.

Could make a canny present for someone of your photographs.

http://www.blurb.com/uk/?ce=google_eu_brand_blurb&gclid=CICXgt3Ek6MCFQIB4wodJ2xZpQ

You design the pages yourself in photoshop including any text then upload them using the software.

With ordinary paper you can have upto 440 pages for £38 although their is a price scale for fewer pages which works out cheaper.

clyde

Winger
not tried blurb but have used photobox, took advantage a few month back when they were on 2 for 1, got one made up of my fave pics and one made up for the missus for mothers day with pics of the kids in, easy to do, great quality books, well chuffed.

not tried blurb but have used photobox, took advantage a few month back when they were on 2 for 1, got one made up of my fave pics and one made up for the missus for mothers day with pics of the kids in, easy to do, great quality books, well chuffed.
Were the prices competitive?

clyde

Winger
Were the prices competitive?
dunno to be honest, didnt really look around, got an email from them, clicked through, liked the software they used and had already uploaded most of my best pics to them as had some 6x4's printed a few weeks earlier...think the 2 books cost around £30 and took about 2 weeks or so to turn up.

not spavin

Striker
Got our wedding album printed the other day on Photobox. Got the posh paper, hard cover and other bells and whistles, it was €50 delivered. Very happy with it. You need to have a reasonable eye for layout in order to make the most of it mind.

Got our wedding album printed the other day on Photobox. Got the posh paper, hard cover and other bells and whistles, it was €50 delivered. Very happy with it. You need to have a reasonable eye for layout in order to make the most of it mind.
Yes and with Blurb you need to allow some space for the centre binding with a slight offset to the right for odd numbered pages and to the left for the reverse side even numbered pages.

Maybe doesn't matter for pics filling a page but any text near the edges may be slightly too near the binding although still readable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.