Blur are far better than Oasis

I think it’s down to the market has been flooded.

i liked both bands but preferred oasis. I though oasis dropped off a little with their 4th album standing on the shoulder of giants, and blur went a totally different route. Then oasis clawed it all back again with the likes of stop crying your heart out, lyla, little by little and half the world away, type of song.
Oasis have been done to death, however it’s always the same stuff that gets played. The masterplan is an amazing album but gets little attention these days. SOTSOG has gas panic, which is also brilliant

Damon did a great job with gorillas though. And it’s fair to say he was more progressive.

horses for courses.....but Blur for me, loved their first album.....didn't seem to take themselves to seriously either....unlike the monobrow twins...

Tallies with your preference for lowest common denominator booze.
Is this a reference to me saying real ale is shite?
Thread title says it all really.

More creative and progressive. Blur’s sound evolved over the years whereas Oasis didn’t.
Oasis' sound didn't evolve?

They always maintained a healthy level of rock and roll but if you compare oasis last single with their first it's not on a similar wavelength at all not to mention some of the big shifts inbetween

Last edited:
Blur annoyed me at the time but Chemical World, For Tomorrow and Beetlebum are three amazing perfectly beautiful pop rock tunes

Back