Blue lagoon & Iceland

Took my big hip flask and bought a bottle if whiskey at the airport. Kept having a nip here and there and done the bottle by the time I left

Want to visit Iceland hopefully catch the Northern lights do the Blue Lagoon in early
December but its canny expensive for a long weekend.
Looks like flights from Manchester airport are quickest.

Anyone been and done it cheap ?

Not been to Iceland but saw the northern lights on Shetland. May be a cheaper option if northern lights in the main motivation.

Have a look at Shetland Aurora Hunter on facebook.

Spent 12 days driving round the ring road with family. Bonus supermarket and air bnb is the way to go. Buy your booze at the airport ( the Viking Coffee Stout is superb).

We stayed at an apartment right at the bottom of the Main Street that runs through Reykjavik, Laugaveger or whatever it’s called. There was about ten of us went and it was cheap as chips to stay there. We did buy some of that Reyka vodka at the airport, think it was about £15 for a large bottle. I found eating out was reasonable and I remember a pint of Gull was between £4 and £5.

Hot dog van is the boyo.

Also that bar Damon Albarn owns is canny.

Kaffibarinn. Doesn’t own it now, if he ever did but yeah it’s great in there.

Want to visit Iceland hopefully catch the Northern lights do the Blue Lagoon in early

Just came back and done it cheap.

Stopped in the Brim Hotel, £80 each for 3 nights. Basic but the location was decent with free parking.

We hired a car to do all of the sites and the majority were free entry. Only hired a little yaris which was 100 each.

There was a Thai place in Reykjavik that done really good food, Pad Thai with Shrimp was about £14.

Most places did happy hour, The Drunken Rabbit Irish pub was £4 a pint during the day and the hotel gave us a coupon book that got us 2 for 1 in most bars meaning beers were about £4.

Jet2 fly from Newcastle. I looked at it as prices were reasonable apart from October half term which is when I wanted to go.

The only way you'll go to Iceland and it be cheap is if you head to the supermarket, not the country

Nah
Is that all? :lol:

I only looked at October week and just assumed it was a winter destination. Sorry for the shit info :oops:
Nah, not shit, just they're special flights for short breaks. Still canny if the dates suit you. I've usually flown from Glasgow but also flown from Manchester. Trying to fly from Newcastle is mental - nearly all via LHR, Amsterdam or Brussels. I think it once suggested flying via JFK :eek:

Was thinking of doing Faroe Islands with Atlantic Airways from Edinburgh, scenery looks class. Probably Iceland soon too.

I stayed at an Air Bnb, good location close to airport. Can send you link if you want

Explored the country via hire car.

Its expensive, drink drive limit is really low (1 pint could put you over)

Blue lagoon massively overpriced. If you do go and wear glasses/ intend on taking your phone/ camera in with you buy protective plastic wallets in the UK. They charge 19 quid for them in the place.

I know of people who paid £30 for fish and chips in Wreckyavicar

Each? You can get it for much less than that. Just like anywhere, there are expensive restaurants and cheap restaurants.

It's like the pandemonium of pure football because people are going to London for the day. Losing their shit over the price of beer and food when it is not much different from up here.

Each? You can get it for much less than that. Just like anywhere, there are expensive restaurants and cheap restaurants.

It's like the pandemonium of pure football because people are going to London for the day. Losing their shit over the price of beer and food when it is not much different from up here.

Yeah they need to make peace with that and stop bitching.

Back