Blue lagoon & Iceland

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The Scroat, Oct 12, 2018.

1. The Scroat

The Scroat Central Defender

Want to visit Iceland hopefully catch the Northern lights do the Blue Lagoon in early
    December but its canny expensive for a long weekend.
    Looks like flights from Manchester airport are quickest.

Anyone been and done it cheap ?

2. Jasper

Jasper Striker

No such thing as cheap for Iceland mate. Flights are reasonable mind, I went on Wow Air from Edinburgh. Everything else is expensive. I would say unless you’ve got the coin to enjoy it and not worth about the money, or you’ve researched how to be thrifty to the far end of a fart (ie more than asking on the SMB) then don’t bother as you won’t enjoy trying to penny pinch there.

The Scroat likes this.
  3. karlm14

karlm14 Striker

Thought this thread was going to be about Iceland selling cocktails cheap. Disappointed.

4. Tommasi

Tommasi Striker

I didnt think it was that expensive at all. Eat and drink in any big city and youll be paying upwards of a fiver a pint and £10-15 for something to eat.

CPK1979 likes this.
  5. We did a cheapy with icelandair but it was a few years ago now. Summat like £320 for flights, 2 nights hotel and a golden circle tour.

The Scroat likes this.
  6. mini-x2

mini-x2 Striker

I’ve been and done it on the cheap(ish).

7. PoshScotty

PoshScotty New Member

Spent 12 days driving round the ring road with family. Bonus supermarket and air bnb is the way to go. Buy your booze at the airport ( the Viking Coffee Stout is superb).

8. I did it 2008 when their currency collapsed. It was only around £3 a pint.

The Scroat likes this.
  9. ravydavygravy

ravydavygravy Striker

Me anarl. I was paying about a third of the going rate.

pillars of hercules likes this.
  10. As hells says a package with Iceland air is probably yer best bet, everything is expensive, £3 for a mars bar, £7 for a pint, £18 for a pizza.
    Lush country tho, once to woo the girlfriend, then again with her for football as the missus.
    Remortgage yer house if you want to get blootered

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    The Scroat likes this.
  11. CatRyan

CatRyan Striker

Filth

Apparently the blue lagoon is filthy too

12. robbied1

robbied1 Winger

Air b n b over a hotel, ive been a couple of times, and if you know a few places to go its just typical capital city prices. Download the app that tells you were happy hours are and its normal two for one making it around 8 pound for a couple of pints

The Scroat likes this.
  13. Nah you're thinking of the Golden shower tour :lol:. Got to watch out for the geysers on that one.

14. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy Midfield

Mrs (no) was pregnant when we went back in March so couldn't go to the Blue Lagoon :(
    We booked onto a bus tour to see the Northern Lights that take you north to a national park.....however it got cancelled on the morning due to bad weather!
    Never got to see/do the two main attractions when we went :lol:. However we did hire a car and spent the 4 days just driving, such a beautiful country!

The Scroat likes this.
  15. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Quite a micro point but there's a place in Reykjavik that does a massive bowl of soup in a hollowed out bread for a tenner.

16. robbied1

robbied1 Winger

im not normally a soup man but that was one of tge nicest meals i had out there

17. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Same. There was also some random Vietnamese place up near the church that did pho type soup for buttons. I like soup when it's cold

robbied1 likes this.
  18. robbied1

robbied1 Winger

There was a good indian restaurant that we went to, it probably seated 20 peoole tops, and there was an indian lady cooking it all on a 15 or so ring hob, would recomend that place

Jasper likes this.
  19. Jasper

Jasper Striker

Go on Rockefeller

Class bakery up near there too

20. ravydavygravy

ravydavygravy Striker

Hot dog van is the boyo.

Also that bar Damon Albarn owns is canny.