Blue badge scheme could be extended to those with dementia or autism

surely anyone who has a severe enough condition would already auto qualify for a blue badge because they'd be on the higher rate of DLA mobility or would have 12 points on the planing and following a journey on PIP

link below to article on it. No problem for me with extending the scheme for deserving cases and good to hear the new policy is intended to have "clear and consistent" guidelines.
As for the "dont look disabled" brigade maybe a crackdown on any that abuse the scheme could run in conjunction with the new policy? Double the fines perhaps? My understanding is the badge is issued to the person with the disability not the car and as such should only be used when that person is using or has used the car?
You can hardly put a photo on display on the blue badge for privacy reasons of course but is photo id required with the badge for any Wardens etc to check?

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/Plan-..._campaign=Newsletter:+Dailies:+Mail+(Sat-Sun)

link below to article on it. No problem for me with extending the scheme for deserving cases and good to hear the new policy is intended to have "clear and consistent" guidelines.
As for the "dont look disabled" brigade maybe a crackdown on any that abuse the scheme could run in conjunction with the new policy? Double the fines perhaps? My understanding is the badge is issued to the person with the disability not the car and as such should only be used when that person is using or has used the car?
You can hardly put a photo on display on the blue badge for privacy reasons of course but is photo id required with the badge for any Wardens etc to check?

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/Plan-to-roll-out-blue-badges-to-people-with-hidden-disabilities-c0ff6f3a-fef5-4cbf-92f7-ea503bd20030-ds?utm_source=second-street&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter:+Dailies:+Mail+(Sat-Sun)
There is a photo of the person it's awarded to on the badge.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/Plan-to-roll-out-blue-badges-to-people-with-hidden-disabilities-c0ff6f3a-fef5-4cbf-92f7-ea503bd20030-ds?utm_source=second-street&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter:+Dailies:+Mail+(Sat-Sun)

it is...and i believe its currently a £1000 fine for blue badge abuse

Well I mean they could be driving but I f***ing hope not :lol:

Dealing with a driving test situation would be incredibly difficult for many.

Anxiety levels of the chart!

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it should be for people who struggle with mobility. I know quite a few autistic people who could outrun most on here

I think the issue is that people with mental or developmental disorders do struggle with mobility to an extent and their carers may have difficulty getting them to navigate a car park.

I’d sooner have those than “parent and child” parking spaces

I think the issue is that people with mental or developmental disorders do struggle with mobility to an extent and their carers may have difficulty getting them to navigate a car park.

I’d sooner have those than “parent and child” parking spaces
Have you ever tried getting two under 2 and all of their equipment out of a car in a normal space? And that's before returning to the car with a trolley load of shopping.

"Here's something that will help disabled people"

Fraud blah blah cheating blah blah I know loads of people who cheat the system blah blah. :rolleyes:

Have you ever tried getting two under 2 and all of their equipment out of a car in a normal space? And that's before returning to the car with a trolley load of shopping.

Oh I don't doubt they're necessary, just if I had a choice, I'd have more disabled spaces and fewer parent and child spaces.

Back