Blue badge scheme could be extended to those with dementia or autism

It’ll be for their carers to use whilst driving them.

Most people with dementia don’t have careers in the early stages. At what point in the progression of the disease do you decide they should get a blue badge. Ditto for autism. How far along the scale does a person need to be before they qualify for a blue badge.

This is sound bite politics and means nothing. Those who are severely enough disabled by their disease will already qualify for a blue badge anyway.

It'll be for alcoholism next, cos that's a disease anall y'kna.

Alcoholism is a disease.

You must think otherwise though, so for you to equate what you think is a phoney disease to things like dementia and autism is a bit weird.
Fuck me Sherlock you’re in the Wong job, whatever it is. ;)

Delivery driver for a Chinese. Gutted I don’t get a blue badge.

Most people with dementia don’t have careers in the early stages. At what point in the progression of the disease do you decide they should get a blue badge. Ditto for autism. How far along the scale does a person need to be before they qualify for a blue badge.

This is sound bite politics and means nothing. Those who are severely enough disabled by their disease will already qualify for a blue badge anyway.

Well the view from carers of people with those conditions is that a blue badge is necessary but not provided.

I think you’re being a bit heavy-handed to dismiss it as “sound bite” politics when there appears to be need for it.

It is not for me to decide at what point in the disease they qualify for a badge. That point should be decided by clinicians and the DfT.

Alcoholism is a disease.

You must think otherwise though, so for you to equate what you think is a phoney disease to things like dementia and autism is a bit weird.

Delivery driver for a Chinese. Gutted I don’t get a blue badge.

Well the view from carers of people with those conditions is that a blue badge is necessary but not provided.

I think you’re being a bit heavy-handed to dismiss it as “sound bite” politics when there appears to be need for it.

It is not for me to decide at what point in the disease they qualify for a badge. That point should be decided by clinicians and the DfT.
:eek::lol:
Fat finger syndrome

I think it means for the carers when they’re driving them

I would have thought at the point where they find it distressing to negotiate being in public and traffic

I wonder how far along the autism scale you will have to be to get priority parking?

Not sure there would be a huge demand for it tbh. If you are far enough along the spectrum to need that kind of help then you are likely far enough along to not be driving. And I say that as someone on the spectrum who drives and wouldn't need one.

Generally in agreement with the idea of helping all disabled though and not just those with visible disabilities

Not sure there would be a huge demand for it tbh. If you are far enough along the spectrum to need that kind of help then you are likely far enough along to not be driving. And I say that as someone on the spectrum who drives and wouldn't need one.

Generally in agreement with the idea of helping all disabled though and not just those with visible disabilities

They wouldn’t be driving. Their carers would be driving them.

Back