Blowing out your arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmfd

Winger
what is it that makes me turn red and get a stitch after two miles of jogging, when other times I can do it and feel alright? Just ran round the park a couple of times and felt like my lungs were seizing up. Is it just down to breathing?

Also, does pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion force your cardio to improve, or are you better off doing more at a comfortable pace? Any experts get on here?

Also, does pushing yourself to the point of exhaustion force your cardio to improve, or are you better off doing more at a comfortable pace? Any experts get on here?

Comfortable pace the way to go, should be doing majority of your running at easy pace where you can easy have a conversation, in fact if you just starting out and building a base I would be doing all running at that pace.

I train by heart rate and wont be going above 75% MHR till I get back up to 8 hours running a week will then throw in a sublt faster session, most advice seems to be keep a 80-20 split of easy/hard running.

what is it that makes me turn red and get a stitch after two miles of jogging, when other times I can do it and feel alright? Just ran round the park a couple of times and felt like my lungs were seizing up. Is it just down to breathing?

I rarely get a stitch but when I do it's almost always food related, particularly eating things that don't digest quickly too close to the run.

I'd agree with what @Marsden Mackem says about building an aerobic base before ramping up the intensity. As well as your cardiovascular system this also allows your feet & leg joints to gradually get conditioned which reduces the risk of "overuse" injuries.

I'm getting terrible stomach stitch/cramps when running at the minute, not sure what it is. I've ruled food out. Possibly just lack of fitness like.

Run with 4 step breathing . 4 steps on the inbreath , 4 on the out . Should help

Comfortable pace the way to go, should be doing majority of your running at easy pace where you can easy have a conversation, in fact if you just starting out and building a base I would be doing all running at that pace.

I train by heart rate and wont be going above 75% MHR till I get back up to 8 hours running a week will then throw in a sublt faster session, most advice seems to be keep a 80-20 split of easy/hard running.
Good advice .

Probably an obvious one but I tend to start my run with the aim of not trying to get out of breath, just a nice steady pace without any struggle or heavy breathing for the first few minutes. Used to go out running quite fast and within 2 minutes I'd be blowing and hit a wall and think "im fked already". Slow and steady is my advice mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back