Bloody Josh Maja

People love slagging off strikers. We wouldn't miss Grabban last year because he 'only scores goals'. People were genuinely ringing up phone ins after he scored just to slag him off for not winning headers.

Shane Long can't score goals so doesn't get games anymore
Really boiled my piss, the reasons why people were slagging off Graban, too mate. Can't blame the poor fucker for wanting to get away!

Not content with upsetting the xg stattos by scoring loads of goals, it appears that he's doing it without 'trying hard and running his nuts off', which has infuriated some Sunderland supporters, as this goes against their ideology of industrious mediocrity. Will he never learn?

White text: I'm taking the piss, I bloody love the bloke.
:lol::lol: I’m not happy, xg said 2-1

Tin hat on like but has that even been suggested much :lol: most the criticism I have seen has been on his overall game, movement and hold up play especially. Imo that is poor at the moment and needs massive work. The lad is a fantastic finisher there is no doubt about that at all but it is allowed to say he needs to improve some aspects if he is to make it at a higher level.

really surprised me by how much he's come on from last season.

All ifs and buts but would have been interesting to see who would have been 1st choice/who would have developed more/how JR would have accommodated them both had Joel Asoro decided to pledge his future here.

Will also be very interesting to see how both their future careers pan-out given Asoro was judged the better prospect last season by most/Maja has improved his game thanks to the opportunity to play regular football.

All ifs and buts but would have been interesting to see who would have been 1st choice/who would have developed more/how JR would have accommodated them both had Joel Asoro decided to pledge his future here.

Will also be very interesting to see how both their future careers pan-out given Asoro was judged the better prospect last season by most/Maja has improved his game thanks to the opportunity to play regular football.

Asoro would have been ahead of Maja i would imagine. Don't think we even intended to start Maja at all but with Wyke being injured pre season it was forced upon us.

Back