Bloody Hell, we're back in this!

The only reason he's getting a game is we have Stewart, Willis, Flanagan, Wright, Xzemajli, and Hume long term injured. As soon as we have enough defenders to field a back four, There isn't a place for AOB. In the last few weeks, we've looked best playing 433 - last night being a prime example. The front three looks like McGeady Wyke and Gooch, with Diamond and Jones as wide options, which means the only slot is if Wyke and Stewart and, maybe, even Kimpioka are injured.

He's fit and runs around a lot, but, his touch, awareness and football brain are very poor.
Yeah I know all that, hence pleasing to see our less gifted players making an impact :) He might right down the pecking order when the squad is fit but he's doing a job for us as best he can.

We do need to put a good run of wins together not just for the obvious reasons but an increase in pressure on our rivals for promotion will lead them in to making mistakes. We gain in confidence and they begin to worry about things slipping through their fingers and we know both Lincoln and Hull are both wobbly

We do need to put a good run of wins together not just for the obvious reasons but an increase in pressure on our rivals for promotion will lead them in to making mistakes. We gain in confidence and they begin to worry about things slipping through their fingers and we know both Lincoln and Hull are both wobbly
Consistency is key. Keep these wins going

Always had a feeling that we were too inconsistent or mentally fragile to actually get on a run and start moving.

That seems to have changed now.

I must say you are easy to fancy. McGeady likely the best creative player in the division. Wyke a red hot striker. Least goals conceded in the division. Hardest team to defeat in the division. I wouldn't bet against you tbf.

Yeah, Fleetwood have gone down hill, but I never felt worried.

Total control of the game, once we settled and stop booting it up to Wyke we look a lot better

Still feel we need to get Jones in there somewhere, but he is probs just back up to McGeady
The subs we are making are positive ones. Teams used to think keep McGeady quiet until he tires. Now we have Jones, Maguire, Diamond who can all come on and continue to keep us on the front foot. We looked a league above them and personally I felt we had more in our locker. There ll be twists, turns and meltdowns galore. Every team above us will be looking at us worried. At least 2 will crumble

Last edited:
should be looking not only to keep up the good form, but to improve from where we are. obrien, fair enough he scored today, but he needs dropping. simply doesnt do enough for 90 mins week in week out.

when we get a CB back, onien needs to be moved into CM instead of leadbitter. aye he has spells of playing decent, but too many games passes him by and he's on his way out, unfortunately
Grants easily one of our best players 😂

Starting from the Burton game we had 5 games that on paper looked very winnable, first 2 are won. If we do win the next 3 I think we'll be knocking on the door and it will set us up for some big games in the final run in, basically putting it in our own hands.

Right now is the most confident I've felt that we look a promotion type team in a while, maybe since the 1st half of the Ross season.

I agree with this.

That tricky period of games in March-April with Porsmouth,Pboro and Hull away will decide our fate imo.

I’m not sure about that because I think all of those are capable of dropping points against lower teams. 3/4 points out of those games will be fine if we can continue to get results against everyone else.

I’m not sure about that because I think all of those are capable of dropping points against lower teams. 3/4 points out of those games will be fine if we can continue to get results against everyone else.

Think we'll be confident ahead of Pompey away if we have 7 or 9 points from the next three.

Back