Bloody Hell, we're back in this!

I'm not getting carried away but we've put ourselves in with a shout.

Well done Lee Johnson. He's taken a group of players who most of us were writing off and turned them into something resembling a unit. He and his staff have done that in a pretty short time.

Id wait and see how we perform against the likes of Portsmouth if he plays the same team as last night against them leadbitter will be exposed for pace and obrien for quality. Leadbitter moves like someone has superglued his buttocks together he can slow it down and ping it left to right but by the time hes got his head up to play a direct pass the other team is comfortable. If we can inject pace into the midfield we can get mcgeady and gooch in space and could kill teams off easily. This should be the goal as we draw too many and have done for few seasons. When we go on the attack its a slow build up side to side lots of bodies everywhere when the opposition breaks it one direct pass through the centre by passing the slow midfield with one pass they’ve achieved what has took us 40.

Saturday massive Crewe playing well. Beat them and we are right in it

At the risk of sounding like a right fanny, Crewe have looked a good footballing team and it's a tight pitch down there so we won't have it easy at all.

Given the following 2 games are home to Swindon and Rochdale, I'd settle for a draw at Gresty Rd provided we can get wins in those next 2 and then go into the Pompey game full of confidence and chasing a top 2 place.

At the risk of sounding like a right fanny, Crewe have looked a good footballing team and it's a tight pitch down there so we won't have it easy at all.

Given the following 2 games are home to Swindon and Rochdale, I'd settle for a draw at Gresty Rd provided we can get wins in those next 2 and then go into the Pompey game full of confidence and chasing a top 2 place.
I think we have to win, as Swindon showed their last game we can’t assume any team is a given !

It was a tight pitch at Burton and we put on a great performance, same again please lads

So you would take 7 points from next 3 as DWW but would you be just as happy with WDW or WWD? I suspect if we win at Crewe (and we should) not many would be too happy if we didn’t take 6 points from Swindon and Rochdale🤷‍♂️

So you would take 7 points from next 3 as DWW but would you be just as happy with WDW or WWD? I suspect if we win at Crewe (and we should) not many would be too happy if we didn’t take 6 points from Swindon and Rochdale🤷‍♂️

I don't want to talk in cliches but at the end of the day* (*copyright - Terry Butcher) it's really only about points, isn't it? Even though our home form was looking pretty dodgy for much of the season I currently feel more confident about the games against Swindon and Rochdale than I do the one against Crewe. Some of that is based on what I've seen this season but also based upon our previous record down there.

But, yeah, I'd be happy with any 7 points from the next three... but mostly I'd really like to see us going into that Pompey game in peak form. I think we'd all get a massive boost if we went down there and came away with 3 points.

Anyone else reckon these additional subs were allowed to make is a huge benefit? We're one of very few teams in the division with such depth and quality as it's noticeable in the 2nd half. The other team is hanging out its bum whilst we're keeping it fresh, and finishing games off :)

Indeed but don’t think any of them will feel overly comfortable at the thought of playing us if we continue our recent form

Going into the Portsmouth game if he continue out form I'd be confident.Hull and P'boro a long way away and a lot could change for all teams in terms of form and fitness

We usually do fine against “good footballing sides”. It’s the Gillingham “let’s get physical” types we don’t always have an answer for.

I dunno, he frustrates the hell out of them as they have everyone on Wyke and McGeady and tonight he got the goal - a huge one for him and you could see he was delighted. Same with Power, grafted all game and grabbed a deserved goal - total team performance, brilliant work LJ. I'd keep him in for now, or certainly the first 65 mins. He's one of our "options" and used well tonight.
The only reason he's getting a game is we have Stewart, Willis, Flanagan, Wright, Xzemajli, and Hume long term injured. As soon as we have enough defenders to field a back four, There isn't a place for AOB. In the last few weeks, we've looked best playing 433 - last night being a prime example. The front three looks like McGeady Wyke and Gooch, with Diamond and Jones as wide options, which means the only slot is if Wyke and Stewart and, maybe, even Kimpioka are injured.

He's fit and runs around a lot, but, his touch, awareness and football brain are very poor.

You were never really out of it.

Football fans are mainly fannies. A couple of wins and everything is golden. A couple of defeats and the future is bleak. As we all know the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

I commented, a couple of days back, on another thread that SAFC, at 18/1, were a massive price. Still get 14/1 now which i still feel is not a fair representation of your chances.

Team will falter as the season comes to a close. If you don't you will be thereabouts.

where is that 14/1?

Two weeks ago we were outside the playoffs in 7th and had 3 or 4 teams below us who could move above us with their games in hand. Now we are 5th with only 1 team below us who can go above us with games in hand. The table will change a lot between now and the end of the season... let's hope we continue the trend of moving up it!

Anyone else reckon these additional subs were allowed to make is a huge benefit? We're one of very few teams in the division with such depth and quality as it's noticeable in the 2nd half. The other team is hanging out its bum whilst we're keeping it fresh, and finishing games off :)

It's absolutely massive for us, if the game's not quite going to plan we can bring 3 quality subs on at half time plus 2 more in the second half. I think it's going to be key for the run in, lots of games to go and we should be able to keep our squad fresher than most through smart subs and rotation.

We usually do fine against “good footballing sides”. It’s the Gillingham “let’s get physical” types we don’t always have an answer for.

Inclined to agree but Shrewsbury looked a decent footballing side and showed us up in the second half in both of our matches against them this season.

Back