Bloody freezing

Why are people so reluctant to put the heating on? I’ve never got that.

This is just strange behaviour. If it’s cold put it on. If it isn’t, don’t put it on.

People do that on Money Saving Expert as a kind of badge of honour. They'll post things like they're wearing three jumpers and watching TV under two duvets but they haven't cracked and put the heating on yet.

I want to be comfortable in my home, so if it's cold, I'll put the heating on.

People do that on Money Saving Expert as a kind of badge of honour. They'll post things like they're wearing three jumpers and watching TV under two duvets but they haven't cracked and put the heating on yet.

How strange. I assumed they were joking living up to this weird stereotype of manliness, not having the heating on.

Didnt realise it was such a big issue for some folk.

Just had to come in from my garden because I'm too damned cold.

Its August bastard bank holiday weekend - Summer. And my hands are like blocks of ice.

Stupid weather.
Cracking the flags yesterday fishing and very pleasant this morning, with a doggy walk and a spot of al fresco lunch at New Miller dam. Only spoiler was i`d left me tackle in the motor from yesterday and she wouldnt let me use it while she she walked the dog

Knows ^

This is just strange behaviour. If it’s cold put it on. If it isn’t, don’t put it on.

Even when it’s 35 degrees outside. The wife will still claim she is cold in the house and wants to have the heating on.

That period is the only time I warrant it cold enough to have it on. Obviously if its above 11 degrees or so I still don't bother
15C here, shirt off, mowed the lawn, local MILFs all swooning etc.
The wifeys either side of me always come out for a chat when I'm mowing the front lawn, both about 10-15 years older than me but suppose theyve got to try ;)

Last edited:
Lovely today. Great day out with all the kids. Nice to get out before the eldest goes back to school next week.

How strange. I assumed they were joking living up to this weird stereotype of manliness, not having the heating on.

Didnt realise it was such a big issue for some folk.
Work hard for my money, can't be wasting it.

Says the man who bought a hottub this year. Might as well throw tenners into the wind!

Storm Francis has dragged down some colder air from the north for a few days. The general forecast for today onwards is back to the normal south-west prevailing wind, so it should warm up a bit, but not to the highs we experienced earlier in the year.

Option 2; bring back the planes.

Aye the daft bastards are saving about £500 over a lifetime

I turn the heating on when it's cold, but I'm not sure what planet you all live on because it's been warm as owt this August in Shildon, like. Shorts every single day.

Back