Bloody cancer

Lung cancer, but quit smoking 5 years before diagnosis? Well that's very worrying for us smokers.

What method did you both use to quit? All the best to you and your friend.

Lung cancer, but quit smoking 5 years before diagnosis? Well that's very worrying for us smokers.

What method did you both use to quit? All the best to you and your friend.
I quit and went onto lozenges for 3 years, he quit and did lozenges for about 3 months just to show me he could he's an arse.

Awful news for you and all of your nearest and dearest, as has been said by most on here, you have just got to live every day with your friendship and love for this mate showing through. What ever the outcome he will know that he has friends and family around him who care and love him. All the best mate.
ps. this place over the years has seen a lot of this horrible disease and you will always have an ear and support from us.

It's happening again, I can't seem to keep away from the bastard thing. I know our foggy and Janey are going through there own individual pains at the moment as well as many others around the world and why I feel for anyone who is having to suffer and see the suffering.

Sorry to bore you with this one, it will come apparent why hopefully after I clear my chest.

I returned to the UK 4 years ago after living overseas for 17 years, about a year into the start of my exile I met my best mate Rick. Rick then was a skinheaded tattooed chelsea fan. My first day of football training I met him when I turned out for the German all stars HK, we kicked lumps out of people in training and then went drinking and partying after training and games. A bond was formed.

He's been best man at both my weddings and me at both of his . No matter where or what is going on I always knew Rick was there and I know he has me. When I returned from overseas he followed after 2 years, so it's been great the last couple of years seeing him and having the families back together again in London. In the past few years I have lost a number of friends and the person I turn to is him. I went to visit him today and he looks shit, watching other mates in past couple of years going through this and passing has started to break me. Now the mate who I thought yup lots of family holidays together, enjoy our getting older etc is looking to do one to. It's lung cancer, yeah we were both smokers, both quit 5 years ago, he's now 50 and me 41. He starts chemo this Friday but docs are saying little chance. Im fairly f***ing heartbroken. Fuck you cancer, you are a f***ing

Just clearing my thoughts a bit. His mrs(no) crying with me today was crap, her saying she wishes it was her and not him. Having to go through this again with best mates Mrs is fucked after having so recently done it with my other mate. What do I say or do other than it'll be ok, he's a fighter.

To all you going through cancer and having been through it I truly salute you and your families.
So sorry to hear this, I’m sick of what this horrible illness does xxx

Back