Bloodborne/Dark Souls 2 & 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTW

Midfield
Never played any of them before but since I am well into my open world RPGs I think I'll give one of them a try.

Any reviews would be appreciated and any advice on which would be the best to start with?

Dark Souls 2 is without doubt the most accessible of the series, I would definitely start there.

They're all great games like, but certainly a refined taste - the steep learning curve and general high difficulty level isn't for everyone.

Dark Souls 2 is without doubt the most accessible of the series, I would definitely start there.

They're all great games like, but certainly a refined taste - the steep learning curve and general high difficulty level isn't for everyone.

I get bored if a game is too easy and character is overpowered

I played bloodborne first and realy enjoyed it after an hour or so getting used to the game and working out how levelling works. Juat persevere with it. If you like the challenge then you'll love it. Also don't worry about dying. I used to hate losing souls dying a second time, but eventually I realised it didn't matter that much

I'm now near the end of ds3 but I'm stuck on the twin princes in lothric castle. I just can't do the second phase. Been on about 3 hours trying.

Going to try ds2 if I ever beat it. Will I find it massively dated?

I would say Dark Souls 2 is the easiest out of those (don't expect it to actually be easy though) and Bloodborne is the hardest.
I think Dark souls 3 is actually the best game out of the three though and it's the newest so the highest player base.

The souls series is possibly my favourite franchise of all time.

I played bloodborne first and realy enjoyed it after an hour or so getting used to the game and working out how levelling works. Juat persevere with it. If you like the challenge then you'll love it. Also don't worry about dying. I used to hate losing souls dying a second time, but eventually I realised it didn't matter that much

I'm now near the end of ds3 but I'm stuck on the twin princes in lothric castle. I just can't do the second phase. Been on about 3 hours trying.

Going to try ds2 if I ever beat it. Will I find it massively dated?
Dark souls 3 plays a lot like Dark souls 1 whereas 2 feels as if there is less weight to everything if that makes sense.

I don't think you'll find it dated as it's still a brilliant game but may take a little bit of getting used to. Also if you prefer rolling to blocking make sure you put points into adaptability, then it plays a lot more like the other two.

Last edited:
I have the Platinum trophy in all of them, ..................... so listen
Bloodborne is the best game, Dark Souls is second, Dark Souls 3 is third, and Dark Souls 2 is best left undiscovered

Reactions: UTW
I have the Platinum trophy in all of them, ..................... so listen
Bloodborne is the best game, Dark Souls is second, Dark Souls 3 is third, and Dark Souls 2 is best left undiscovered

I'll get Bloodborne since its cheap then if I enjoy it move on to Dark Souls 3

Follow up question. Is it worth the extra tenna to get Bloodborne game of the year edition?

Bloodborne GOTYE and Dark Souls 3 for a combined price on amazon of £40. All over that

How do people find going back to paying normal games after these?

I finished Bloodborne, then dark souls 3 this week after a few epic days of trying to beat twin princes and the final boss. I played the first hour of bioshock infinite remastered. Have not played it before and found it so dull in comparison.

I'm sure infinite must be a good game, but does anything compare to the challenge of from software games?

How do people find going back to paying normal games after these?

I finished Bloodborne, then dark souls 3 this week after a few epic days of trying to beat twin princes and the final boss. I played the first hour of bioshock infinite remastered. Have not played it before and found it so dull in comparison.

I'm sure infinite must be a good game, but does anything compare to the challenge of from software games?
It's hard to find a game with the same sort of difficulty, most games just give enemies more health to make it harder.

Got Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 for Xmas. Hopefully I'll have the Platinum on the Witcher by then so I can dive straight into one of these

Ended up trading in Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 last month in a huff after not being able to get past the first parts of the game.

Dark Souls 2 was in the PS sale so thought why not give it one more try. Really enjoying it after persevering and getting better at it. Love the online functions on it, being able to summon help and reading tips other people have left.

Enjoying it so much that I re bought Bloodborne :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back