Bloke in the East Stand who got hurt

It was a very nasty fall I hope he is alright. A young man in the crowd offered help - I think he was a medical professional as he seemed to know exactly what to do.

Mind once again the stewards didn’t have any idea how to redirect crowds away from an incident to get folks leaving to use other routes out. Very poor crowd management. Thankfully most used their common sense and walked away from the scene.

Can’t really blame the stewards, they’re not police officers.

The stewards did direct people out to the other exit - but it took a while for them to realise this. It was the woman stewardess who took the initiative.
The early leavers were practically stepping over the guy.
The medics got him sorted and taken away
Then the exit was back in use
There was a fair bit of claret on the deck where the bloke was getting treated.
Hope he's ok.

Sits a few along from me, he left a few mins from the end and I let him passed me and as he walked down the stairs we all heard a horrible thud, clearly slippped and banged his head. As we were leaving thank god he was sitting upright with steward/St Johns in attendance. He has some blood from forehead but was really groggy. Hope and pray he ok as the thud was horrible.
Saw him being taken away. Didn’t look too chipper. I hope he’s ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much bang on half way line mate.
Ooof! Hope he's ok.
The stewards did direct people out to the other exit - but it took a while for them to realise this. It was the woman stewardess who took the initiative.
Hope he's ok.
This reads like a @tunstall birdman poem.

Hope he's ok.

Think the most poignant question is why idiots are stepping over the bloke and not walking around, and why those around aren’t challenging such behaviour. Society in general has a massive problem with disrespect recently, and this is the outcome. I wouldn’t dream of just walking past, I’d help if I could, if not I’d take a detour instinctively. Don’t need a steward to tell me to do this

Think the most poignant question is why idiots are stepping over the bloke and not walking around, and why those around aren’t challenging such behaviour. Society in general has a massive problem with disrespect recently, and this is the outcome. I wouldn’t dream of just walking past, I’d help if I could, if not I’d take a detour instinctively. Don’t need a steward to tell me to do this
Early leavers wanting to "beat the rush" no doubt.?

Can’t really blame the stewards, they’re not police officers.
They're there to manage crowds though.. That's their job.

No one is expecting them to put cuffs on people ffs
Ignorance by people tbh. Pretty scratterish behaviour. Hardly as if the place is that big and it’s impossible to take another route up another set of steps or down another gangway
This sort of behaviour happens all the time outside of venues as well.

Instead of helping, there's a clamour to get the phone out and record it... Got to be the first to claim it on social media and get all those likes or subs

Last edited:

Back