Blocked email account

Try this feedback form - users have apparently had success with gmx filling this one in:

Free Webmail and Email by GMX | Sign Up Now!

Put that you have been locked out due to suspicious activity and are struggling to rescue the account and they should be able to help.
Thanks for your help Jardin, but I've filled that form in already, it just gives a standard reply :-

Thank you for your message
Thank you for your inquiry. You will receive an answer shortly. We appreciate your patience.

I've been waiting since Monday night. I did some googling and found another way to contact gmx but it just gives a standard email reply :-

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your message has reached the Public Relations Team of GMX. We have received quite a high number of customer support inquiries in the past. Please apologize this automated message but we ask for your understanding that we are not able to handle support inquiries.

If you need technical support, please contact our Support Team directly via https://service.gmx.com/shareFeedback.html .
Try to select the topic that best describes the issue/inquiry and if you receive an automated response simply reply to it so an agent is assigned to the ticket. If you have a complaint about an account and you are NOT a GMX customer simply provide YOUR contact address and under GMX address enter the address you are referring to.

Our Support Team is striving for a speedy response time but in times of high ticket volume an answer can take a few business days. In addition, please check your spam folder – sometimes the reply is accidentally marked as spam by some providers. Last but not least: if you are not satisfied with the service you have received or have a general complaint against GMX company or product please reply to an agent message you received that you wish to be escalated to a Support Manager of GMX.

If you are a journalist or have a specific Public Relations Inquiry we kindly ask that you reply to this message and we are glad to attend to your inquiry.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Public Relations Team / GMX

Love the bit about they will reply if I am a journalist, but I, as an email account holder have to wait.

Just going to be a journo now I think. (Remember who what why where how when are the tools of my new trade! ) :D

Thanks for your help Jardin, but I've filled that form in already, it just gives a standard reply :-

Thank you for your message
Thank you for your inquiry. You will receive an answer shortly. We appreciate your patience.

I've been waiting since Monday night. I did some googling and found another way to contact gmx but it just gives a standard email reply :-

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your message has reached the Public Relations Team of GMX. We have received quite a high number of customer support inquiries in the past. Please apologize this automated message but we ask for your understanding that we are not able to handle support inquiries.

If you need technical support, please contact our Support Team directly via https://service.gmx.com/shareFeedback.html .
Try to select the topic that best describes the issue/inquiry and if you receive an automated response simply reply to it so an agent is assigned to the ticket. If you have a complaint about an account and you are NOT a GMX customer simply provide YOUR contact address and under GMX address enter the address you are referring to.

Our Support Team is striving for a speedy response time but in times of high ticket volume an answer can take a few business days. In addition, please check your spam folder – sometimes the reply is accidentally marked as spam by some providers. Last but not least: if you are not satisfied with the service you have received or have a general complaint against GMX company or product please reply to an agent message you received that you wish to be escalated to a Support Manager of GMX.

If you are a journalist or have a specific Public Relations Inquiry we kindly ask that you reply to this message and we are glad to attend to your inquiry.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Public Relations Team / GMX

Love the bit about they will reply if I am a journalist, but I, as an email account holder have to wait.

Just going to be a journo now I think. (Remember who what why where how when are the tools of my new trade! ) :D

See if they have a facebook or twitter presence. A lot of companies now seem to sit on their traditional contact methods for ages but have staff sat live on social media channels.

Have seen they are a bit strict on this type of thing and some users have had their account blocked simply for emailing copyrighted images :eek: If I had an account on there it wouldn't have lasted a week :lol:

See if they have a facebook or twitter presence. A lot of companies now seem to sit on their traditional contact methods for ages but have staff sat live on social media channels.

Have seen they are a bit strict on this type of thing and some users have had their account blocked simply for emailing copyrighted images :eek: If I had an account on there it wouldn't have lasted a week :lol:

Found a twitter one - GMX Mail (@gmxmail) | Twitter

Get a publicly aired complaint on the go - always makes them act faster ;)

Last edited:

Thank you.

That's the way to do it.

....Get a publicly aired complaint on the go - always makes them act faster ;)
Update. I replied to an email that said don't reply and asked for a human response rather than an automated reply, and was going to give them 24 hours to respond. If I hadn't got my account back by today I was going to try twitter and facebook as suggested.

Today I have my email account back ... hurrah!
I also got two emails:
1. Your account is blocked, we don't have to give it back and we don't even have to give a reason.
and later...
2. Your account is active (run a virus check, change password, don't bulk email, don't spam, make sure people know you are emailing them, else your mail will go to their spam, you will be seen as a spammer and we will shut your account down).

happy to have my account back, but am now considering another provider.

Any ideas?

Not a fan of outlook, hotmail, gmail, lycos nor yahoo for various reasons.

Just want a clear screen for emails, and gmx have a lovely "face". I only really use it for emailing blogs to family friends and receiving book club emails and planning christmas with the family, that is about it. Hardly spam queen of the world am I

The one bad thing perhaps is I receive emails from amazon on it, and will now open another email account just for amazon.

Update. I replied to an email that said don't reply and asked for a human response rather than an automated reply, and was going to give them 24 hours to respond. If I hadn't got my account back by today I was going to try twitter and facebook as suggested.

Today I have my email account back ... hurrah!
I also got two emails:
1. Your account is blocked, we don't have to give it back and we don't even have to give a reason.
and later...
2. Your account is active (run a virus check, change password, don't bulk email, don't spam, make sure people know you are emailing them, else your mail will go to their spam, you will be seen as a spammer and we will shut your account down).

happy to have my account back, but am now considering another provider.

Any ideas?

Not a fan of outlook, hotmail, gmail, lycos nor yahoo for various reasons.

Just want a clear screen for emails, and gmx have a lovely "face". I only really use it for emailing blogs to family friends and receiving book club emails and planning christmas with the family, that is about it. Hardly spam queen of the world am I

The one bad thing perhaps is I receive emails from amazon on it, and will now open another email account just for amazon.
Try Hushmail, basic for the free account, but there's a full blown subscription one as well.

Super secure (there's no password reset option in the basic one).

Back