Block paving

had ours done a good few years ago and cost about £1500. That was before when hardcore was put down and bricks on top. nowadays I believe its a concrete platform, hardcore and bricks.

major problems are weeds growing inbetween the bricks. don't bother pulling them out, just spray with weed killer and get them out when dead.

I would be tempted now to go for patterned concrete. No weeds and doesn't sink. Have a look around a private estate and you will find all sorts of drives. Ive seen one that feels quite soft but sturdy but the owner actually loves it

Our old concrete drive is looking bit shabby now , few neighbours have block paving but they look bit Shite after couple year , lose colour , dip and get weeds. That patterned concrete sounds a canny idea mind , I hasn’t considered that

Our old concrete drive is looking bit shabby now , few neighbours have block paving but they look bit Shite after couple year , lose colour , dip and get weeds. That patterned concrete sounds a canny idea mind , I hasn’t considered that

unless you can think of more things to do inside you house with a few grand than keep up with your neighbours block paving 'that always sinks' then go ahead.

Are they allowed to do that like. Wish we’d done that now.

Aye, council don't take adoption of the land until the builders are finished. As long as any 'remedial' works are in keeping with the rest of the site, ya don't need planning permission ie, paths are tarmac so you can't go getting indian sandstone everywhere, has to stay tarmac etc etc

The lads must be making an absolute fortune like. Whenever someone wants work doing, the site manager just hands the occupier the groundworkers number, ya see them working all hours :lol:

Aye, council don't take adoption of the land until the builders are finished. As long as any 'remedial' works are in keeping with the rest of the site, ya don't need planning permission ie, paths are tarmac so you can't go getting indian sandstone everywhere, has to stay tarmac etc etc

The lads must be making an absolute fortune like. Whenever someone wants work doing, the site manager just hands the occupier the groundworkers number, ya see them working all hours :lol:
Are you saying I need planning permission for getting the drive way done?

Bonded resin is lush but so so expensive. Just had drive and patio done). Block paving front and side, Indian stone patio. Over the moon with the job. Not cheap but well worth the money. Anyone considering getting patio.drive definitely recommend Spring Drives of Durham. Top top job.

Are you saying I need planning permission for getting the drive way done?

Sorry, should have added that we needed a dropped kerb (Definite planning permission required) as well!

If you need anything doing that will change a path outside your house, then you'll need permission

Back