Blessing in Disguise

Another year in league one might not be a disaster. Lot of the players we bought last summer are pretty shit and are on two year contracts which end next summer, we would also lose Oviedo off the wage bill and have just one more year for Cattermole next summer All meaning promotion next year would allow us more money to recruit. Most of all would allow the team to gel a bit more next year. Shelf Utd were down there for a few seasons and look at them now.

Great point, apart from the bit where anyone half decent leaves and we replace them with shit and end up marooned in this shitty piss pot league for years.

Other than that, what’s not to like?

I honestly think that’s bullshit. I trust SD and believe him.
I originally had my doubts when SD first came to the club, I was a complete sceptic and doubted the sincerity of his reasons for buying SAFC. Over the course of the season I have come round to the idea that I was wrong and that he’s absolutely here for the right reasons etc etc. That was until I was told what I was told and wow I should have stuck with my original instincts. Promotion or no promotion things are not rosy in the garden what so ever unless we are sold to new owners! I now see the importance of having a PR guru like Methven in place, he’s played a blinder. All I hope for now is that a buyer is found and SD has some integrity with regards to who he sells the club too so that he can walk away with his 10 pieces of silver!

I originally had my doubts when SD first came to the club, I was a complete sceptic and doubted the sincerity of his reasons for buying SAFC. Over the course of the season I have come round to the idea that I was wrong and that he’s absolutely here for the right reasons etc etc. That was until I was told what I was told and wow I should have stuck with my original instincts. Promotion or no promotion things are not rosy in the garden what so ever unless we are sold to new owners! I now see the importance of having a PR guru like Methven in place, he’s played a blinder. All I hope for now is that a buyer is found and SD has some integrity with regards to who he sells the club too so that he can walk away with his 10 pieces of silver!
You’ve obviously been told something and understand you don’t want to betray a confidence. But why bring in Juan (who’s clearly a very very wealthy man) if this was the case. Sometimes stories start and become exaggerated. I do agree at some point further down the line he will move it on as SD has always said he can’t compete at premiership level and I agree Methven has been bought in for his PR expertise but I think he’s genuine in what he’s trying to do. He’s never made a secret of the fact he can only take it so far but time will tell.

Last edited:
You’ve obviously been told something and understand you don’t want to betray a confidence. But bring in Juan (who’s clearly a very very wealthy man) if this was the case. Sometimes stories start and become exaggerated. I do agree at some point further down the line he will move it on as SD has always said he can’t compete at premiership level. But I think he’s genuine in what he’s trying to do. He’s never made a secret of the fact he can only take it so far but time will tell.
Juan throwing money at the club is not going to happen regardless of which league we are in at least that’s what I take from what I’ve been told. Unless he buys the club outright but can’t see that happening with his focus currently being running for President in Uruguay.

Juan throwing money at the club is not going to happen regardless of which league we are in at least that’s what I take from what I’ve been told. Unless he buys the club outright but can’t see that happening with his focus currently being running for President in Uruguay.
Yet SD says otherwise saying on his podcast he may need a little help if we get into the championship but certainly couldn’t do it on his own if we were to get to the Premiership. We’ve just got to wait and see.

FFS either spit it out or fuck off shit stirring man....What do you hope to achieve with this bollox?

FFS either spit it out or fuck off shit stirring man....What do you hope to achieve with this bollox?
What do I want to achieve.....I want the cock knockers hell bent on getting on The managers back, that swallow up every PR spin churned out by our owners to wise up and realise there’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that the owners would prefer us not to know about. Failure this season will not be down to the efforts made by Jack Ross and his team but rather down to the ownership....some things never change at this club unfortunately!

What do I want to achieve.....I want the cock knockers hell bent on getting on The managers back, that swallow up every PR spin churned out by our owners to wise up and realise there’s a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that the owners would prefer us not to know about. Failure this season will not be down to the efforts made by Jack Ross and his team but rather down to the ownership....some things never change at this club unfortunately!

Can agree on the JR part, any manager who manages a club in transition is going to be working in difficult circumstances.......Unless you give us some detail regarding what you are hinting at with the owners you are gonna get called out as a shit stirring mag.

Back