Blessing in Disguise

This team would get thumped every other week in the championship.
Disappointed we've thrown two golden opportunities away this season which could have had us challenging for the title.
But failing to win in nearly half the games this season, after the money spent, smashing the league one record, just shows they aren't good enough.
I'd be amazed if we win the playoffs.
We would sign other players for the Championship. :neutral:

Truth of the matter is this squad isn't up to the challenge ! The play offs will be too much pressure. We will not get past the semi finals. How we can offload Cattermole and Oviedo from the wage bill god f***ing knows ! McGeady will be snapped up and probably the keeper so JR and the board will have to start again.

It’s an embarrassing standard and nothing short of a disgrace we are playing here. Looks like we’re in the play offs so I just hope we can make it 8th time lucky at Wembley! However if that team went up as it stands without big investment it would likely get humped every other week.

Championship next year will be rough for anyone who goes up. Luton will be lucky to survive.
luton will be fine,they been on the rise for 3 years running,mid table easy,natham jones would of been a much better choice than ross,even the lincoln bloke would of been better,we need big hard men last summer as i stated on here many times,replies were no you dont,well that facts show i was correct,and btw i did predict luton from the very early days of their great run,again i was laffed at,not laffing now are they

Donald says we're covered, just less money for players
catts,mcgeady,oviedo will be gone,i would shift grigg on also,been rubbish

Last edited:
The current side is awful & will be built around the likes of Honeyman. Embarrassing really.

What we needed was to build the side around Josh Maja and then benefit from his development. Hopefully if we don't go up we can introduce Embleton & grow with him in the side.

The fact is that all the issues we've previously had won't take much to rear their heads again. Confidence is clearly paper thin and that's because we still have the defeatist culture engrained in the playing squad.

Not a blessing in disguise but you are right next season we wouldn’t get 20 points in the championship. The club is finished unless some mega rich sugar daddy wants a new play thing.

And then we just flaunt the financial rules and get a points penalty yeah?

Automatic promotion was bizarrely our best hope because we’ll get twatted in the play offs. We can’t defend the team is weak as piss and Ross has us playing boring predictable shite football.

luton will be fine,they been on the rise for 3 years running,mid table easy,natham jones would of been a much better choice than ross,even the lincoln bloke would of been better,we need big hard men last summer as i stated on here many times,replies were no you dont,well that facts show i was correct,and btw i did predict luton from the very early days of their great run,again i was laffed at,not laffing now are they

catts,mcgeady,oviedo will be gone,i would shift grigg on also,been rubbish
No one will take em on. They’re earning ower much to leave.

Got to wonder how much another season in this league is going to financially cripple us though
Apparently it will be worse financially if we go up due to bonuses etc.

Anyone remember when we were in the PL and people said it’d be a blessing in disguise to go down rebuild and come back up.

That worked out well
I also remember claims that winning games will improve the morale of the fans and make it more enjoyable than just scraping survival. Well we've won more games this season than any of our premier league seasons, but if we don’t go up this will be one of our worst seasons (if not the worst) in our history.

Winning 9 games in the premier league and finishing 17th is light years ahead of this.

Last edited:
Apparently it will be worse financially if we go up due to bonuses etc.

I also remember claims that winning games will improve the morale of the fans and make it more enjoyable than just scraping survival. Well we've won more games this season than any of our premier league seasons, but if we don’t go up this will be one of our worst seasons (if not the worst) in our history.

Winning 9 games in the premier league and finishing 17th is light years ahead of this.

Exactly. But we should be happy now as we were worse last season

Back