Blessing in Disguise

This team would get thumped every other week in the championship.
Disappointed we've thrown two golden opportunities away this season which could have had us challenging for the title.
But failing to win in nearly half the games this season, after the money spent, smashing the league one record, just shows they aren't good enough.
I'd be amazed if we win the playoffs.

Totally agree , the defence is so poor makes u wonder who scouted them , absolutely shocking,

Didn't realise it was a foregone conclusion that we aren't going to go up, was never any good at maths mind a bit like @shaun61 ...

Beat Pompey and it's back on you bunch of defeatist pussies!

So staying in the third tier and most definitely losing our best player(s) is a good thing?

Get real.

We need a rebuild whichever league we are in and If we can get Cattermole, McGeady, Oviedo's and Matthews wages off the books that rebuild will be much cheaper in L1......not sure I'd be trusting Ross to do it though. We need pace and power which we lack all over the pitch.

This side is actually fairly shite being carried by two or three players and then the scary part is those players will likely fuck off should we not get promoted. Frustrating considering the financial muscle we have. Dare I say had we given that same budget to a more savvy manager who knows the league, even bloody Mick McCarthy, and they’d have made short work of getting us promoted.

Another year in league one might not be a disaster. Lot of the players we bought last summer are pretty shit and are on two year contracts which end next summer, we would also lose Oviedo off the wage bill and have just one more year for Cattermole next summer All meaning promotion next year would allow us more money to recruit. Most of all would allow the team to gel a bit more next year. Shelf Utd were down there for a few seasons and look at them now.
Exactly, given the teams going up and the teams coming down from the championship, we should dominate the league but this team can't cope with pressure.
Ross will need to sort this out in the summer.
Yes Mcgeady will probably leave but do people think he wouldn't be on his way even if we did/do get promoted

Got to wonder how much another season in this league is going to financially cripple us though
It won’t at all, in fact I think the owners on one hand would breathe a sigh of relief. Symbolically though it’s a disaster. Our main income next season is the third parachute payment instalment and we get that whatever league we are in, and don’t get championship or league TV deal, just get one off payments for any individual game we have televised.

Back