Blatant left wing ideology censorship moderation

Apache Inbound

Midfield
Racism in Buckingham Palace thread temporarily locked whilst an ideological friend of the left deleted posts that didn’t align with him/her.

Then reopens the thread and - hey presto my posting privileges are removed.

This type of behaviour is reminiscent of the old Twitter regime that sought to stifle debate and promote far left ideology.

@Roger - can you look into which mod is culpable and reprimand him/her immediately? This type of bigotry has no place in online debate.

Racism in Buckingham Palace thread temporarily locked whilst an ideological friend of the left deleted posts that didn’t align with him/her.

Then reopens the thread and - hey presto my posting privileges are removed.

This type of behaviour is reminiscent of the old Twitter regime that sought to stifle debate and promote far left ideology.

@Roger - can you look into which mod is culpable and reprimand him/her immediately? This type of bigotry has no place in online debate.

Yet again you are completely wrong.

Looking at the logs it would appear that the moderator concerned temporarily locked the thread simply to get the job under control and to delete dozens of offending posts from both sides of the political divide.

Three other members in addition to yourself have been reply banned from that thread for "abusive exchanges".

Two members are of what I would describe as of a right wing persuasion with two from the left.

If anything @Roger should be pleased that the mod concerned had the patience, diligence and lack of political bias to get a popular, if contentious, thread back on the rails.

Yet again you are completely wrong.

Looking at the logs it would appear that the moderator concerned temporarily locked the thread simply to get the job under control and to delete dozens of offending posts from both sides of the political divide.

Three other members in addition to yourself have been reply banned from that thread for "abusive exchanges".

Two members are of what I would describe as of a right wing persuasion with two from the left.

If anything @Roger should be pleased that the mod concerned had the patience, diligence and lack of political bias to get a popular, if contentious, thread back on the rails.

I do not recall making any ‘abusive exchanges’.

Removing posters ability to join in the discussion regardless of their political persuasion is imo a travesty to open discourse.

I sincerely hope Roger looks further into this anonymous moderators censorious decision making, especially on the politics forum which is known for spirited debate, to rectify this from becoming a norm.

Back