Blade Runner

Every sci-if film worthy of the name since Blade Runner owes it a huge debt.
Im sure it was Star Trek that gave nasa certain ideas about experiments out in space and was the catalyst for the evolution of certain technology. So whilst sci fi may well be just that it does pose questions that ultimately people want to answer.

I’ve never seen that clip ever. Where did you pull that from ?
Youtube.:lol:;)
It is a directors cut.

It is an outstanding film like. Many people praise the music in the film but forget to acknowledge the brilliance of the whole audio of the film. If they closed your eyes and only listened to the film, they would realise the pure genius of the emotive 'soundscape' produced and poetical essence in much of the dialogue.;)

Youtube.:lol:;)
It is a directors cut.

It is an outstanding film like. Many people praise the music in the film but forget to acknowledge the brilliance of the whole audio of the film. If they closed your eyes and only listened to the film, they would realise the pure genius of the emotive 'soundscape' produced and poetical essence in much of the dialogue.;)
Yes everything clicked into place. Vangelis did a brilliant job and the whole thing is a work of genius. I remember going with 2 of my mates too see the film on opening night in Newcastle. We had waited ages too see it and came out stunned at what we had seen. Years ahead of its time.

Last edited:
Yes everything clicked into place. Vangelis did a brilliant job and the whole thing is a work of genius. I remember going with 2 of my mates too see the ironical on opening night in Newcastle. We had ages too see it and came out stunned at what we had seen. Years ahead of its time.
As much thought went into the sound as well as the visual. Yes it was ahead of it's time.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I was looking at cave paintings from over the world. Every one I saw they drew the animals they killed beautifully but the hunters themselves were just stick men.

Skip forward 30,000 years or so and its self portraits, selfies, the works. Technology and humanity aren't the best mix and replicants symbolise that in a way.

I think we all have it in is to let go of all the bullshit at these crucial times, where we realise we're just stickmen and prioritise what's important

Barry Norman out
Coincidentally I was just looking at the cave paintings from Lascaux only this morning. They are beautiful, and you are right, we should try to look outwards as the cave artists seem to have done, but we still need to look inwards to understand ourselves. Blade Runner does this so well.

Coincidentally I was just looking at the cave paintings from Lascaux only this morning. They are beautiful, and you are right, we should try to look outwards as the cave artists seem to have done, but we still need to look inwards to understand ourselves. Blade Runner does this so well.
It's only by exploring inwards that we can produced the best outward outcomes and results, to progress.

It was and raised an even more important question about what happens if robots reproduce. What does that then say about life and how it comes about? The sequel was long but villeneuve did another superb visually stunning film. I hope that there is a third instalment because the story took an interesting twist that deserves to be explored.
Bladerunner is amazing, mate. Love it as science fiction. Love it as film noir.

Have tried, with all my might I may add, to watch the latest one but I don't like it. I want to like it, I want to love watching this film. I started off watching it convincing myself 'this is great, it's really good.' Then a voice kicked in saying you could count the blades of grass on your lawn. I need to try watching it one more time, mate.

Bladerunner is amazing, mate. Love it as science fiction. Love it as film noir.

Have tried, with all my might I may add, to watch the latest one but I don't like it. I want to like it, I want to love watching this film. I started off watching it convincing myself 'this is great, it's really good.' Then a voice kicked in saying you could count the blades of grass on your lawn. I need to try watching it one more time, mate.
The second film fundamentally asks even more questions than the first and the plot is a beauty. I hope that there is a third instalment too see the latest question answered
And too see how the replicants go about changing the world

Back