Blackpool's Signings

Agreed, but unsure why we rarely secure our signings in good time.

The longer we go without bringing in players, the less optimistic I become. We've seen it all too many times before.

The league is there for the taking, it will be so frustrating if we fail to strengthen the first team.
I get your lack of optimism, given our recent record in transfer windows. Let's just hope that the knowledge PP has of this division, and players in general, makes a difference this time.

It's not Parkinson I'm concerned about, it's those tasked with getting the deals over the line and the available budget that concerns me.

Looks like Wright is pretty close, other deals seems quieter though I understand Burton wanted a replacement for Boyce before they would allow him to leave. Signed a lad from Rangers who would fit the bill?

Fuck me man people need to get a grip. You can guarantee if we’d signed Madine we’d be calling him and club worse than shite for doing so. He signs for Blackpool and a couple of others and all of a sudden there recruitment is amazing #Thesmbway

Before Friday.

To give us a better chance of beating Doncaster.
Fuck me man people need to get a grip. You can guarantee if we’d signed Madine we’d be calling him and club worse than shite for doing so. He signs for Blackpool and a couple of others and all of a sudden there recruitment is amazing #Thesmbway

Perhaps you would be, I wouldn't. I think Madine and Lafferty are both decent league one seasons, both signings are a risk as well mind.

Last edited:
11 clubs in league one have signed more than one player so far. Some have signed 4 and 5.

It seems we're struggling to bring in our primary targets as per and will likely have to settle for cheaper, less attractive options. Basically what's left. Lots of clubs seem to be bringing in loans from PL and Championship clubs.
You've made that up. You have no idea whatsoever if we have missed out on a single signing.

I'm content to let Parkinson & his merry men sort things out. Which is just as well, given I can do nowt about it. I'll take a view on the success or otherwise of the window once it's shut, but not before.

Well we have Portsmouth away on the 1st Feb, it's one the biggest games from our remaining fixtures. I hope our new signings are brought in in time to be able to make a contribution.
You've made that up. You have no idea whatsoever if we have missed out on a single signing.

That's why I said "seems". We're receiving reports now that the Doherty deal has stalled. Other than that, we've signed one player as of 20th January. Bearing in mind that Donald intimated we were well prepared in advance and it is possible to sign/agree deals outside of the window ready for it opening, it's hardly been the most spectacular transfer window this far.

Last edited:
Blackpool are falling apart under Grayson from what I've seen from the only Blackpool fan I know on Twitter

Nout to see here.

Well we have Portsmouth away on the 1st Feb, it's one the biggest games from our remaining fixtures. I hope our new signings are brought in in time to be able to make a contribution.

That's why I said "seems". We're receiving reports now that the Doherty deal has stalled. Other than that, we've signed one player as of 20th January. Bearing in mind that Donald intimated we were well prepared in advance and it is possible to sign/agree deals outside of the window ready for it opening, it's hardly been the most spectacular transfer window this far.
We'll see.

Let’s trust Pompey end up taking the money for that Curtis.
I'm not sure any player (we have a reasonable chance of) signing between now & Friday would get straight into the team, Gipetto, la.
True mate
Any incoming player needs to be fighting for a place from the off
To give us a better chance of beating Doncaster.

Perhaps you would be, I wouldn't. I think Madine and Lafferty are both decent league one seasons, both signings are a risk as well mind.
Why is Lafferty a risk?
No long contract here for him mate.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, we are scouting put players willing to pay their own subs.

Apparently we can’t even sign this Docherty lad from Rangers as we can’t agree either a fee or personal terms. A player who was at Shrewsbury last season and we can’t f***ing afford him. “Fantastic shape financially” though.

Apparently we can’t even sign this Docherty lad from Rangers as we can’t agree either a fee or personal terms. A player who was at Shrewsbury last season and we can’t f***ing afford him. “Fantastic shape financially” though.
A bloody good owner.

Back