Blackpool's Signings

Or, for once, we've actually identified what and who we need rather than seeing who we get offered?
Whilst we might not get them all Lafferty, Boyce, Docherty and Bailey Wright seem more deliberately targeted than some of our recruitment in recent years.

It means nothing if we can't actually secure the deals. It's not as if we're competing with PL clubs for signatures.

11 clubs in league one have signed more than one player so far. Some have signed 4 and 5.

It seems we're struggling to bring in our primary targets as per and will likely have to settle for cheaper, less attractive options. Basically what's left. Lots of clubs seem to be bringing in loans from PL and Championship clubs.
So who are our primary targets then, you got inside information?

So who are our primary targets then, you got inside information?

Parkinson himself said he was interested in Doherty didn't he? It's January 20th and we've brought in one player. McGeady isn't available and it looks like Grigg is away (no loss mind, but a player short). We're playing on Friday night, how likely is it we'll have a player in by then who's available to play?

It means nothing if we can't actually secure the deals. It's not as if we're competing with PL clubs for signatures.
True but it still looks more coherent to me. I think our problem with loans in particular has been bringing in anyone to make up numbers. If we can't get the targets we want I'd be happier to see us promote the best u23's. I know that might look mad with the results but Hume was part of a poor looking side and exposure to higher level games and has come on massively, the same could well happen for Mumba, Kokolo et al. Wouldn't be popular on here though.

Parkinson himself said he was interested in Doherty didn't he? It's January 20th and we've brought in one player. McGeady isn't available and it looks like Grigg is away (no loss mind, but a player short). We're playing on Friday night, how likely is it we'll have a player in by then who's available to play?
He said it was a player he was looking at - I would imagine one of many.
And what's the urgency with bringing a player in before Friday - are the current team/squad not good enough to beat Doncaster?
While we do need strengthening in a few positions, I would prefer to wait until the end of the window and judge our business then.

True but it still looks more coherent to me. I think our problem with loans in particular has been bringing in anyone to make up numbers. If we can't get the targets we want I'd be happier to see us promote the best u23's. I know that might look mad with the results but Hume was part of a poor looking side and exposure to higher level games and has come on massively, the same could well happen for Mumba, Kokolo et al. Wouldn't be popular on here though.

Have they actually been standing out though? Do they deserve a chance based on their recent performances? I honestly don't know, serious question.
He said it was a player he was looking at - I would imagine one of many.
And what's the urgency with bringing a player in before Friday - are the current team/squad not good enough to beat Doncaster?
While we do need strengthening in a few positions, I would prefer to wait until the end of the window and judge our business then.

The stronger we are, the better. An injury to Maguire or Gooch would massively impact the side now we don't have McGeady as an attacking outlet to choose from.

Last edited:
Does it matter?

11 clubs in league one have signed more than one player so far. Some have signed 4 and 5.

It seems we're struggling to bring in our primary targets as per and will likely have to settle for cheaper, less attractive options. Basically what's left. Lots of clubs seem to be bringing in loans from PL and Championship clubs.

Interesting that with the exception of Oxford no one else above us has done much, Wycombe and Coventry none with Rotherham and Ipswich only signing 1 like ourselves.

Id prefer 2 or 3 who we really want as opposed to a scattergun approach and complicate what we have going on.

Last edited:
The stronger we are, the better. An injury to Maguire or Gooch would massively impact the side now we don't have McGeady as an attacking outlet to choose from.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, we are short in that position, and we also need another centre mid, wing back and striker.
Call me optimistic, but I think by Jan 31st, we'll have what we need.

Interesting that with the exception of Oxford no one else above us has done much, Wycombe and Coventry none with Rotherham and Ipswich only signing 1 like ourselves.

Id prefer 2 or 3 who we really want as opposed to a scattergun approach and complicate what we have going on.

Agreed, but unsure why we rarely secure our signings in good time.
Yeah I agree, we are short in that position, and we also need another centre mid, wing back and striker.
Call me optimistic, but I think by Jan 31st, we'll have what we need.

The longer we go without bringing in players, the less optimistic I become. We've seen it all too many times before.

The league is there for the taking, it will be so frustrating if we fail to strengthen the first team.

Last edited:
For good reason he's a b&w twat who would at some time have attempted to belittle our club and city and shat on us. There are no good b&w's where we are concerned. If the tea lady was one she should be sacked off as well.

They’ve took a new guy on in commercial sales who I thought was alright, sorted me some decent deals etc but turns out he’s a mag. I can only assume it’s some kind of equality and diversity policy

Back